• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

should i go for this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally, I'd either buy one from the guys in the classifieds or buy it new. Newegg refurbs have a bad reputation for being DOA or have core/memory problems and will soon die. The cards are in the refurb section because someone returned it for a reason. That's the biggest warning for you right there. Outpost is the same, they tend to sell refurb products.

If you buy it from someone on the forums that has a few stars, than at least you can guarantee it won't be DOA and you can find the person later. If you buy it new you can get a R360 core and flash it to XT and get full pipelines, the temp probe, and Overdrive.

Close. Dead on Arrival.

Don't worry about it too much Geoxx. I probably just see the threads of the people that have DOA cards. Most people don't post threads about how their card is perfect after buying from a certain store so I probably just see the bad cards that come out of outpost. I'm sure there are many good cards that are sold as well.

ooh..ooh man..in that case , i hope these guys have some mercy and treat me nicely :<. *sniffel* i hope i actually get the 256 bit version and they dont accidentally get me the 128 bit version :<

enduro said:
Close. Dead on Arrival.

Don't worry about it too much Geoxx. I probably just see the threads of the people that have DOA cards. Most people don't post threads about how their card is perfect after buying from a certain store so I probably just see the bad cards that come out of outpost. I'm sure there are many good cards that are sold as well.

I also think people with DOA products are more likely to post than those who got good cards. I am using a refurbished 9800 pro from Newegg right now, and it works fine. The only thing is that it doesnt overclock well, which is probably the reason it was returned. Of course, I've had it for only a week so it may well die but it is under manufacturer's warranty I believe, just like a brand new product. Anyway, I am happy with it as I only paid about $160 including tax.

nm , outpost doesn't have it in stock. teh bastards emailed me that :<. know of any good deals under 200?

The FX series sucks. Absolutely sucks.

Skip it. Either go 6x00, y800 (meaning either an 8 or an x there), or...uh...don't buy at all.

yeah , its brand new/retail for 198 bucks , doesn't seem bad really

I haven't heard much about Visiontek, so you might want to read some reviews on it. Do some searches in various forums and see how people like the company. You'd be safer that way. Sapphire, Gigabyte, or ATI are good companies to buy from though.

Back