• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems with memory on A7V880

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Captain Hilts

Hi guys, I've run into a memory problem on an Asus A7V880 (Via KT880 chipset) board I recently purchased. I am trying to run it with a Tbred-B (1800+ JIUHB, stable at 2.4GHz in another system) at FSB400. I am running a pair of OCZ premium sticks (3200 2.5-3-3-7) sync with the FSB.

Anyway it fails memtest in test 5. The OCZ sticks have passed memtest on a couple of other boards that I have tried. Furthermore, I have tried my Kingston HyperX, which I have running stable in another box at FSB400 2-2-2-6, at the same settings as the OCZ on the A7V880 board and memtest fails as well. I have tried both dual and single channel, as well as trying different memory slots. I've also tried increasing the DDR voltage to 2.85.

I figure that it must be a problem with the board but before bringing it back I figured that I'd try the forums to see if there's some last thing I could try. The rest of the system includes,

120GB WD drive with 8MB cache
Linksys wireless network adapter
Aopen 300W power supply
CD burner
DVD burner

Any ideas?

Hmmm, could be the ram doesn't like that asus board or vice-versa. I know it's odd having 2 different brands of ram run perfect in other rigs, but both fail in 1 particular rig. it's happend to me several times with corsair,samsung and Adata.

Okay I tried disabling spread spectrum and it still failed. I also tried with a different power supply and no other peripherals except for the video card and floppy (so I could load up memtest) and it failed again.

Anyway it went back to the shop and I took another NF7-S instead, I guess I should've done that in the first place. Thanks for you help guys.

Back