• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pelted Aluminum MaxiJet Res.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzf|champ

Registered
Has anyone ever seen this thing before?Linky!
I am considering buying one and strapping a couple of air cooled pelts to it. Any insight?

Let us know how it goes.

Regarding seeing one - ya, got one. Not a pressure screamer but gets the job done. And oh so quiet due to submerge design.

calvin said:
Let us know how it goes.

Regarding seeing one - ya, got one. Not a pressure screamer but gets the job done. And oh so quiet due to submerge design.

Would you mind taking a couple of pictures for us? Thanks in advance!

dont waste your time on it, it will bring your temps down a few marginal degrees and make a LOT of noise cooling it, plus the res doesnt act as a good heat distributor. you're much better off putting a pelt on your cpu.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
dont waste your time on it, it will bring your temps down a few marginal degrees and make a LOT of noise cooling it, plus the res doesnt act as a good heat distributor. you're much better off putting a pelt on your cpu.

I already have pelts on the cpu and gpu. The 50mm fans i got to cool the pelts them are silent.

I don't want the res to be a heat distributer, i want the pelts to make the metal cold on since it is a res the water will get chilled in the process.

yzf|champ said:
I already have pelts on the cpu and gpu. The 50mm fans i got to cool the pelts them are silent.

I don't want the res to be a heat distributer, i want the pelts to make the metal cold on since it is a res the water will get chilled in the process.
oh, well at least you have expereience with pelts already (people think of this kinda thing and try it and it doesnt work...i did), but if you cool the water down a little i really dont think it will make that much of a temp difference...
also i meant that putting the pelts on the res would not chill very effectively, the surface area of the inside of the res that gets cold wont be enought to cool it down that much.

Yeah, that will be the whole experiment of the mod. I think that two 50mm pelts, one on each side of the *aluminum* (to transfer the cold) res. will definately chill the water at least 5 degrees C.

But only time will tell....

Anybody know someone that can make a custom copper res?

custom copper res

what do you want it to look like a box /tube how big
email me lolojr1@yahoo

You don't want to use a resevoir, you want to use another waterblock. The heat transfer will be higher if you use a waterblock because the water will be moving which increases the convesction heat transfer coefficent. The flowing water will also increase the delta T between the water and the pelt.

This is exactly the same reason you want a waterblock with high surface area and flow on your cpu. Imagine if your waterblock was just a big copper box filled with water, wouldn't work to well would it.

Back