• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help from the Pros!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iannkt78

I just installed a DFI Lanparty nf3 250 and a 3400+ processor and I am trying to reformat but I can't get into the Bios. It hangs at the Lanparty Screen. Hitting del at startup does nothing. Anybody know whats the problem?

I am running only 1 hard drive, 2 cd-roms.

Remove all a/c power from the board and remove the battery and jumper to the clear cmos position and see if it will boot. If not you may have a short in mounting the board in the case and is why I personally always fire a board up on an insulated suface outside the case before wasting my time installing in case I happen to get a defective mobo.

Sincerely, RGone...

I got back into my bios and I set it for fail safe settings. The only thing I changed was to boot from CD rom so I can reformat and install windows and it it at the "We apologize for the inconvience screen". It selected start windows normally and once the countdown ends a white bar goes across the bottom of the screen and it is now stuck on that screen.

If I load optimized settings, I get past the white bar and the screen goes black for a few seconds, then a blue screen with something written on it flashes for a split sec and then the pc reboots. The blue screen is only about 1/3 of the page at the top.

Last edited:
I am selecting it to boot from CDrom. First boot device is set to CDROM as well as 2nd. It is a DFI lanparty nf3 250, AMD 3400+ CH, 1.5 gigs of 3200 DDR ram, BFG 6800 GT OC, SB Augigy 2 zs, 80 gig WD , ANTEC case with 350 Watt PSU. Verifying DMI Pool Data comes up along with Boot From CD but I cant click enter. No keys work once I get out of the BIOS it seems. Could me using a mx700 have an effect? It is a wireless KB thatim using plugged into the USB port.

Figured out the problem, the keyboard wasnt being picked up and I couldn't hit enter when it asked to boot from CD-ROM. Formatting now :)

iannkt78 said:
Figured out the problem, the keyboard wasnt being picked up and I couldn't hit enter when it asked to boot from CD-ROM. Formatting now :)

LOL, haha. yeah I had that problem once. :santa:

iannkt78 said:
Atleast yours was plugged in :eek: I went through a 2 hour bout of swearing and idle threats only to see my keyboard was unplugged <I found out when it applied not resistence to my hand as I ripped it away and threw it into the hallway :D....>

If you have a usb mouse/keyboard, make sure to enable that in the bios. That way if you're running memtest from the bios (custom bios), you can hit esc and get out of it. Without the onboard usb enabled, you'll have to hit the reset button.

Back