• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJ

Since I cant use my existing Slitedge Water block for a AMD 64 S939....And D-tek WW block is on back order...what,s the next choices of water blocks that will work on the AMD 64 chips/MSI NEO2 M/B's that are decent?

Well right now I would recomend going with dangerden. Get yourself a TDX and be happy! Swiftech will be the other choice that someone will recomend but personally who would want a block you cant clean decently :bang head

The whitewater and tdx are very similar in performance BUT the tdx can have a brass top which makes it a little bit better in my book.

TDX is my choice :burn:

I wouldn't use a poly top on any waterblock. If I got a tdx I would defiantly get a brass top. No cracking and no leaking and all copper/brass = good.

I don't even have a water cooling loop yet :rolleyes: I just like having the best protection vs leaks that I can. Plus, a brass top will last longer than a poly top.

poly tops do have a tendency to crack, ive heard many a story of a leaking DD block or White Water with a poly/lucite top that cracks and starts to leak. Hence, just get the Brass top if you are insistant on getting a TDX, but the swiftech mcw6002 preforms better AND is cheaper, so go with that.

It's just a matter of preference and handling. If you overtorque poly threads, it's going to crack. On the other hand, I've got a WW (polytop of course) that I've disassembled and reassembled several times, and never had a problem with cracking.

...of course, now that I typed that, it'll probably blow up like an oversized firecracker as soon as I walk away :p

I would agree about the poly, but the tdx just looks silly to me. I guess Im just used to the styling of the RBX.

lucite vs brass. come on, that lucite top is worth it you know it :D

Viper2004 said:
Well right now I would recomend going with dangerden. Get yourself a TDX and be happy! Swiftech will be the other choice that someone will recomend but personally who would want a block you cant clean decently :bang head

The whitewater and tdx are very similar in performance BUT the tdx can have a brass top which makes it a little bit better in my book.

TDX is my choice :burn:
Dude what are you talking about....put the thing in boiling water and push some water through it...done
how much easier can it get.

Who would want a block that couldnt crack or leak ... :-/

Back