• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman CNPS7700-Cu Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why should they?

The objective of the two units is totally different and it seems more useful to use the baseline ( i.e. OEM supplied ) HS as the comparison unit.

clocker2 said:
Why should they?

The objective of the two units is totally different and it seems more useful to use the baseline ( i.e. OEM supplied ) HS as the comparison unit.

If someone wants cooling performance but also prefers silence, he can see how much performance he's giving up by choosing the Zalman over the XP-120.

Mouse, you seem to take for granted that the Zalman user is "giving up" performance in favor of less noise- an assumption that has not held true in my experience.
Careful (and admittedly, time consuming) tinkering with the rest of the case's cooling paths can elevate the performance of the 7000 series (I have no experience yet with the 7700) to that of any HSF unit that I've tried.

Obviously, the "bigger hammer" approach taken by Thermalright is quicker and easier, but that doesn't necessarily make it automatically better.

Back