• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buzzing/humming coming from mobo or graphics??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CTringali

Registered
I just recently replaced my nf7-s and mobile 2600+ with an MSI NEO-FSR revision 1 and athlon 64 3000+.... everything else stayed the same. I plugged the hard drive in and wow, everything worked, other than having to re-activate my Purchased copy of WinXP.

The only problem is I'm sometimes getting a soft buzzing coming from the graphics card or mobo when I scroll, or when when I receive an IM on AIM, or when I run the Small FFTs (max FPU, data fits in L2 cache, little RAM test). Nothing appears to be wrong, but I would like to know what's going on. I read in a forum a while ago that it might be lack of power coming from the psu to the graphics card?? I've never encountered anything like this before, or maybe my computer just wasn't quiet enough for me to hear it.. heh. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comp specs:
A64 3000+ @ 210 x 10 = 2100mhz
MSI NEO-FSR Revision 1
512 HyperX PC4000 running at PC3200! (grr! can't get stupid board over 210 fsb w/o crashing! that's another issue)
(PNY?) FX5800 (when gaming OC @ 500/1000)
Vantec 350w PSU - Model: VAN-350N

Back