• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so my 6800nu's stock voltage is 1.4v!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

d94

$30 a phone
wow, i just looked around and it seems that everyone's stock voltage is less than 1.4v
and when i modded my bios, the stock voltage was 1.4v in 3d
is this normal?

well when you modded it, you didnt change the voltage did you? and no its not normal...is it one of those LE's that are basically cut down ultras?

Humm that is odd... I just copied my BFG 6800OC BIOS over and opened it and i'm already at 1.4v stock too.....

Hmmmm I was wondering why all of a sudden everyone's 6800NU temps were so high...far higher than before....now I know why, nV musta bumped the vcore to improve yeild. :(

maybe..but my idle temp is 45c and load is 70c (oc'd)

My temps have never changed... I am wondering if this isn't just some kind of bug with OmniExtremeEdit. If you click on help, it says "Attention BIOSes modded before by hand may not show correct voltage displayed in editor. Best is to use a fresh BIOS.:
:-/
Is there another way to see voltage to the core? I am thinking this is just a display bug...

EDIT - I just downloaded a few from the net for the NU's and they all display as 1.4v in OmniExtremeEdit 1.5.... I downloaded the 1.0 editor and it said the same thing... maybe some are just 1.4v now?

Humm that tool is interesting... it says that my stock voltage is 1.2v (3D). I can't even get 1.3v to show up in the program, but I can change it to 1.4v. Also I was looking at those VID Modes. If you look in the RevaTuner's HardWare Monitoring you will see "Core VID, non-dimensional". No matter what mode i'm in... that always stays at 1. According to NiBiTor it should move to VID 2 when gaming for increased power... but it never changes.

Yeah it seems that they had problem with identifying the right voltage, anyhow I've got an PNY from the first batch and it was 1.3V but now when I get into the editor it shows 1.4V.....strange....

Back