• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help me, help my friend (TAC officer) get past his Military school's security!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d94

$30 a phone
hi, i know the subject sounds a bit rulebreaking, but it has a good purpose :D
las year i went to Howe Military School as a punishment for my grades and they had filtering software called WebSense. i got around this by having one of my friends set-up a special sort of webserver
The gave me full access to anything i just about wanted. All i had to do was go to a URL in internet explorer, that this circumventor program created!
i didnt go there this year, but my TAC officer (Tactical something or other) from last year was one of my greatest friends. he was a airborne paratrooper before he retired (a captain). and i just talked to him last night to find that that the school's computer person had fired and someone had replaced her and he had replaced the schools filtering software (now "St Bernard)
and it takes him 30 sec just to check his mail! on top of that just about everything is filtered out! there's also a few friends there that i'd like to help, but he was just the coolest guy (in his early 40's) but in crazy shape and he tought me alot while i was there, so i really want to help him out. I tried to make the webserver, but all incoming ports are blocked at are house :-/ to mask everything. so im looking for anyone that might be willing to "host this" or figure a way to get around this!

thanks
-d94

Sounds like you are talking about createing an anonymous proxy which would considerably compromise the security of the network the school is trying to protect.

Surprised you didn't get in trouble the first time you were doing this, and you probably shouldn't be associated the second time.

If he has legitimate needs, he should speak to the IT guys. If they are just implementing this new system he may find that the slowness clears up once they work out the kinks.

This thread is a violation of Forum Policy. Attempts to crack hack or disable security software on a computer system that is not your own is against the law. If this is a military installation you and your 'friends' could be in deep trouble for attempting this. They have those filters in place for a reason. It is not up to 'you' to decide that their security measures are too stong. I would suggest you and your friend invest in some kind of personal ISP account. this would eliminate the need for hacking through the security software on a military network. Good luck

Z

i would very highly advise you not to bypass a security filtering system, especially one that is being used by the government. that is a big no-no i am sure... they have it in place for a very good reason & this might not be a very good place to discuss something like this.

for the sake of being informative, i imagine if you did a google search on the subject of proxy servers you could find something out.

Zuzzz said:
This thread is a violation of Forum Policy. Attempts to crack hack or disable security software on a computer system that is not your own is against the law. If this is a military installation you and your 'friends' could be in deep trouble for attempting this. They have those filters in place for a reason. It is not up to 'you' to decide that their security measures are too stong. I would suggest you and your friend invest in some kind of personal ISP account. this would eliminate the need for hacking through the security software on a military network. Good luck

Z
^^^

*click*
JigPu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back