• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI and NV gpu together on SLI board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
they don't work in SLI, but you can have both cards plugged in and you can choose which one you want to use

thats pretty crazy, so if someone really had the money to shell out. They could use whichever graphics card performs better easily on whichever game they play. Other than that, its practically a waste of money unless you can actually span a game across both cards.

if you think about it, why the hell would you go out and buy a 6800U and x800XT when you could get 2 6800Us and run it in SLI, i don't see any benefit of running a single XT vs Ultras in sli, except maybe for the features like VIVO or 1080i tv out, i think the reviewers got bored and have too much time and equipment on their hands

Well, as bobmanfoo mentioned, it isn't SLI at all. I'm not surprised at all that this is possible; it's similar to running one AGP and one PCI video card together as many do. However, I fail to see the point of this when compared to a true SLI setup.

As cool as this setup is, but I find it kind of stupid.

No matter how well the X800XTPE perform in HL2, 1 X800XTPE will never be as good as 2 6800ultra.

This is an interesting idea, but not the most efficient.

could give someone bragging rights to people who don't know squat about computers :p

so happiiiii togetheeerrrr....la la la la laal la la lal la

come on ATI and NVIDIA...stop fighting and make me an XTPE/6800 Ultra SLI :santa: :p

I think their trying to tell us that future games will only work on an ATi or Nvidia card. If you dont have a card thats promoted by the them your SOL... :rolleyes:

Memex said:
I think their trying to tell us that future games will only work on an ATi or Nvidia card. If you dont have a card thats promoted by the them your SOL... :rolleyes:

This better not actually happen, or we should all revolt and go and burn down Nvidia and ATI headquarters :mad: .

bobmanfoo said:
they don't work in SLI, but you can have both cards plugged in and you can choose which one you want to use

Ya thats exactly it..anandtech did this weeks ago.But a good read

Is there an 6800 Ultra SLI board yet? Sorry off topic but had to ask, also thats interesting, I guess thats the ultmate way to benchamrk the 2

Yes its the pci-e version of the card

Last edited:
GunnerMan said:
Is there an 6800 Ultra SLI board yet? Sorry off topic but had to ask, also thats interesting, I guess thats the ultmate way to benchamrk the 2

The SLI board works for all SLI cards

the:
6600GT
6800GT
6800Ultra

^from nvidia's website

So any SLI board can use the following in SLI form (two gfx cards working together as 1)

Back