• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Idle Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bloody Mijinion

Registered
Well, i had to reinstall windows today, and in this version of windows (got it from a freind) they had a buncha extra (really good) programs with it, and one of them is CPUidle Pro, just wondering if anyone has heard of it or uses it or anything.

props, it looks like a pretty good little app.

thanks for showing it off, i might give it a trial before i re-install.
*warning to all dont try gaming on a server... never ends good in the end.

interesting..ive heard of this program before but never tried it, i just downloaded this thing and EXACTLY what is it supposed to do? my cpu temps dont seem to be any cooler and i doubt that my cpu will hit 100% idle

i think that it has a nice minitoring interface, but thats about it... i cant figure out how an app would pull off a 10 degC reduction in temps as claimed. And if it could do that i would be nervious about giving a program that much 'God' power over my system.

I dont like those programs, they take up ram and waste perfectly good cpu cycles too! Run Folding@Home, save some lives and your temps will be stable too.

yeah, for those of us that run set/boinc, or folding. These programs are 100% worthless.

they only work when your computer is in idle state anways. and when your crunching or folding...our computers are NEVER idle.

I just tried the program tonight, it did not take up any resources really and i gamed for about 2 hours solid on it, and i hate to admit it worked! literally almost 5-10 degrees celsius cooler than what i had been running, and this ones different it works all the time, not just in idle states, i dont know how but it really worked for me

kooga_magnum said:
I just tried the program tonight, it did not take up any resources really and i gamed for about 2 hours solid on it, and i hate to admit it worked! literally almost 5-10 degrees celsius cooler than what i had been running, and this ones different it works all the time, not just in idle states, i dont know how but it really worked for me

My computer seems to run cooler too. The point of this program is that it turns off the cpu when not in use and turns up the fan when the cpu really needs it, atleast thats what i heard. I think if you use this and use a program like SETI@home to burn in the CPU, this program would be useful

PS: I like seti than folding, but i use that only when im not doing anything at all on my computer.

Bloody Mijinion said:
The point of this program is that it turns off the cpu when not in use and turns up the fan when the cpu really needs it, atleast thats what i heard.

Yeah but see the thing is I have noticed temp drops at all times...not just in idle states, the program claims that it is working all the time, and since I dont use it with motherboard monitor it cant turn up my cpu fan..so i dont know what it does for my machine but it works

kooga_magnum said:
Yeah but see the thing is I have noticed temp drops at all times...not just in idle states, the program claims that it is working all the time, and since I dont use it with motherboard monitor it cant turn up my cpu fan..so i dont know what it does for my machine but it works

Well, thats good ^_^ i got the full version for free from a windows version called PeerWeb, so i'm happy

Back