Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Forum Feedback
Forum Feedback Likes and Gripes about the Forums. No Post Count.
Forum Jump

iNET issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-05-04, 07:20 PM Thread Starter   #1
greenman100
Disabled

iNET issues

iNet Interactive Guy

Bud Light presents: Real American Heroes
(Real American Heroes)
Today we salute you, Mr. iNet Interactive Guy
(Mr. iNet Interactive Guy)
You do what lesser man can only dream about. You fail to maintain a simple webserver.
(Totally awesome)
50,716 members, 308,539 threads, 2,823,949 posts, you'll let the disk totally fill up
(oh fill up the disk, crash, crash)
Some might say your job is easy, but you always find a way to fail, frustrating hundreds of people and rendering entire databases unusuable.
(ooh yea!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Mr, iNet Interactive Guy, because anyone can maintain a server, but it takes a man with real genius to bring it all crashing down.
(Mr, iNet Interactive Guy)
greenman100 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 07:30 PM   #2
SewerBeing
Grasshoppa Senior

I am laughing so hard right now. Also people here make fun of [H] and they dont get flamed, so why not poke some fun at the people that fail to run ocforums??

"Always be sure to flash your bios during lightning storms!" MRD

Please Fold for team 32!
portage > apt > source > rpm > windows update
Gautam is a water buffalo
SewerBeing is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 07:31 PM   #3
{PMS}fishy
Senior A64 Killer

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman100
iNet Interactive Guy

Bud Light presents: Real American Heroes
(Real American Heroes)
Today we salute you, Mr. iNet Interactive Guy
(Mr. iNet Interactive Guy)
You do what lesser man can only dream about. You fail to maintain a simple webserver.
(Totally awesome)
50,716 members, 308,539 threads, 2,823,949 posts, you'll let the disk totally fill up
(oh fill up the disk, crash, crash)
Some might say your job is easy, but you always find a way to fail, frustrating hundreds of people and rendering entire databases unusuable.
(ooh yea!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Mr, iNet Interactive Guy, because anyone can maintain a server, but it takes a man with real genius to bring it all crashing down.
(Mr, iNet Interactive Guy)
HAHAHA, Im saving that, cuase I know this isn't going to last.

Trouble Shooting 101:
1. RTFM
2. Repeat Step 1

6ghz Club Member.

cw823 Fan Club Founding Member, are you?
{PMS}fishy is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 07:32 PM   #4
wizard james

ahh ...thats great

wizard james is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 07:32 PM   #5
dark_15
Drunken Master JNCIE Senior

I would normally say "Don't bite the hand that feeds you", but I am getting sick of the slow downs and breakages that have been happening as of late. I love this site, but if it keeps going as bad (or worse) as it has been lately I think other forums will start getting my traffic.

I know you're pissed Greenman, but I would hardly call this thing a simple webserver...

But INet, is there anything we can do to get this thing going better? It is starting to **** me off from all the slowdowns and WSOD'S I've beern getting...

JNCIE-SEC #69, JNCIP-ENT, JNCSP-SEC, JNCIS-SA, JNCIS-AC, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-WX, ACMP, RCSP-WAN

HEAT Register Personal Blog
dark_15 is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 07:34 PM   #6
wizard james

yea i agree.. with all the slow downs and such.. its getting really really bad.

its started to be an everyday thing were the servers down or something like that

Old 12-05-04, 07:36 PM Thread Starter   #7
greenman100
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_15
I would normally say "Don't bite the hand that feeds you", but I am getting sick of the slow downs and breakages that have been happening as of late. I love this site, but if it keeps going as bad (or worse) as it has been lately I think other forums will start getting my traffic.

I know you're pissed Greenman, but I would hardly call this thing a simple webserver...

But INet, is there anything we can do to get this thing going better? It is starting to **** me off from all the slowdowns and WSOD'S I've beern getting...

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Murphy
All webservers have dual 2.6GHz PIV Xeons, 4x 15K RPM drives running in RAID-5 config, 4GB RAM
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=22
greenman100 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 07:38 PM   #8
wizard james

thats all... maybe they need something like... 2 2xeon servers?

Old 12-05-04, 07:38 PM   #9
9mmCensor
Disabled

its a few different servers that are load balance, but also serve other iNet properties.

hehhe, my avatar owns.
9mmCensor is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 07:39 PM   #10
dark_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenman100
as far as I know it's just a dual xeon computer
That's running another website as well... and we're talking about that this is a huge forum! And one that is always having at least 1 or 2 posts every second...

Someone does need to shape up in INet or ship out...

But anyways... maybe they should switch to AMD????

JNCIE-SEC #69, JNCIP-ENT, JNCSP-SEC, JNCIS-SA, JNCIS-AC, JNCIA-IDP, JNCIA-WX, ACMP, RCSP-WAN

Old 12-05-04, 07:44 PM   #11
Excelsior

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA. Just wait, it's going to be "...And now you're all banned."

Hah, No, I agree... absolutely hillarious. Yeah, the forums have been **** lately.

Excelsior is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 07:46 PM   #12
{PMS}fishy
Senior A64 Killer

10 Year Badge

Give the forums back to skip. He ran them in his basment on dual P3s at one point.

Too bad it cost him so much to keep them going.

Skip was the best server admin these forums have ever seen.

Trouble Shooting 101:
1. RTFM
2. Repeat Step 1

6ghz Club Member.

Old 12-05-04, 07:46 PM   #13
dark_15

What's up with my rank???? I'm now a scanner???? Or am being scanned? Or am I returning a nice WSOD on my rank?

And does replying to this thread make look fat, add me to a blacklist, puts a big red bullseye on my back (to go with Ruby), or make me eligible for vacation???

Last edited by dark_15; 12-05-04 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 07:47 PM   #14
SewerBeing
Grasshoppa Senior

umm both and here comes the ban hammer *thud* lol

[chant]BRING BACK SKIP[/chant]

"Always be sure to flash your bios during lightning storms!" MRD

Please Fold for team 32!
portage > apt > source > rpm > windows update
Gautam is a water buffalo
SewerBeing is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 08:10 PM   #15
9mmCensor
Disabled

Quote:
What's up with my rank???? I'm now a scanner???? Or am being scanned? Or am I returning a nice WSOD?
crazy
Old 12-05-04, 08:11 PM   #16
dark_15

lemme guess... you had something to do with it 9mm?

Old 12-05-04, 08:14 PM   #17
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

I think many have likely been frustrated lately, as I have been, but lets just hope Inet settles into this and things clear up. Things never used to be this way, but we were never part of 20+ different sites and forums before... and we also weren't able to keep up with bills.

Last I checked, there were 12 xeons and 24 GB of ram in a 6 server array which we were part of... and I know we share a databaseserver with www.deleteddomains.com.

Lets all keep in mind that Inet took us in with a positive outlook, thinking that we could help them make money, and they could pay our bills. If enough of us had made regular donations, skip would not have had to look at other options to keep this place running.

I never remember hearing as many people complain about errors and slowness, ever since I joined, since the way things have been the past few months. Lets all hope it clears up... We know this place is awesome, but I don't know how patient visitors are going to be with the forums running the way they have been.

In the meantime, I think we should be thankful to Inet for doing everything they have done for us. I would also expect that they are doing everything they can to get this straightened out. The initial post may have made some light of the situation, and its a little comical, but lets not forget how many sites and services Inet is offering, and that keeping everything operating smoothly is no simple task. It is only fair to expect that Inet is trying to do everything they can, and in the meantime we should be patient and appreciative that they took us under their wings... None of us were going to pay the bills.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-05-04, 08:16 PM   #18
9mmCensor
Disabled

Quote:
lemme guess... you had something to do with it 9mm?
no. I dont have Admin CP... but people are more than welcome to change that
Old 12-05-04, 08:19 PM   #19
dark_15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmCensor
no. I dont have Admin CP... but people are more than welcome to change that
lol... it's kool... I think I know who did it/where it went...

Old 12-05-04, 08:34 PM   #20
{PMS}fishy
Senior A64 Killer

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.M.O.G.
I think many have likely been frustrated lately, as I have been, but lets just hope Inet settles into this and things clear up. Things never used to be this way, but we were never part of 20+ different sites and forums before... and we also weren't able to keep up with bills.

Last I checked, there were 12 xeons and 24 GB of ram in a 6 server array which we were part of... and I know we share a databaseserver with www.deleteddomains.com.

Lets all keep in mind that Inet took us in with a positive outlook, thinking that we could help them make money, and they could pay our bills. If enough of us had made regular donations, skip would not have had to look at other options to keep this place running.

I never remember hearing as many people complain about errors and slowness, ever since I joined, since the way things have been the past few months. Lets all hope it clears up... We know this place is awesome, but I don't know how patient visitors are going to be with the forums running the way they have been.

In the meantime, I think we should be thankful to Inet for doing everything they have done for us. I would also expect that they are doing everything they can to get this straightened out. The initial post may have made some light of the situation, and its a little comical, but lets not forget how many sites and services Inet is offering, and that keeping everything operating smoothly is no simple task. It is only fair to expect that Inet is trying to do everything they can, and in the meantime we should be patient and appreciative that they took us under their wings... None of us were going to pay the bills.
Its one thing to bitch and moan about a site that is slow and breaks often. Its another thing for that site to be run by, what I would like to think of as, 'Pros' and have all these issues. Skip ran the forums in his basment, and granted he had his issues, I was never once upset when they broke then, because of the condition the forums were in. The whole point of passing the forums on, was to remove the finical burden from Skip, and also to give them room to grow. Well now, we are running on 10 times the hardware, and have twicet as many issues,if not more. Thats deffinalty not right. Its one thing when the forums go down, becuase Skip is having a DNS issue, or the power went out, or the ISP crapped ect. However when you are a 'Pro' hosting company, there is no such thing as an excuse. You have redundant this and that, tripple backed up back ups ect, yet you can't keep a simple website up.

To me, Skip is/was the best web/server/forum admin, he ran these for years out of his house, with a 1/10th the hardware, and had less serious issues. Not to mention he is god, and can fix anything in half the time that it takes Inet. I also liked how he would post up, saying what was happening, ie updates, DNS issues, what broke, what he fixed. Inet, just lets it break, and then, fixes it, and lets it break again. They have full control, but lack the control at the same time.

All I ask is that my favorite forum works. Thats it, Im not asking for a miricale. Im asking for someone to care to as much as Skip did, maybe even a little more.

Trouble Shooting 101:
1. RTFM
2. Repeat Step 1

6ghz Club Member.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Forum Feedback
Forum Feedback Likes and Gripes about the Forums. No Post Count.