• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cool Pistol Mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm not sure about this, it seems like something I would instinctively lift up and point at the screen, rather than using it like a conventional mouse. ;)

I would definitely have to try one of those in a store before I would buy it. It's comfortable according to that review, but to me it looks like I would rather be using a Razer Viper.

Aslan said:
I'm not sure about this, it seems like something I would instinctively lift up and point at the screen, rather than using it like a conventional mouse. ;)

Once you don't go pointing it at other people :) .

I have tried it, but am not really comfortable with it. In games I was able to shoot easily, but moving around was not as easy. If you are a leisure gamer, this may be a good buy. If you are a serious gamer, I would not get it.

someone pisses me off at a lan, id probabbly pistol whip them

i tend to throw things at lan parties when i get mad.

ive thrown, keyboards, mice, bawls bottles, cds, chips, soda cans, and sound cards :D

IMHO it's a dog, Will I buy one to evaluate it? Hell NO!! These sort of gimmicky items always show up before Christmas and Hanukkah to try to sap you out of your hard earned money.

Just Because Tom's says it good to me means, Its a dog :)

Tom lost me as a reader way back since he runs a dishonest review site to begin with. Remember the Swiftech radiator he 'tested vs a competitor' well the moron forgot to use a fan with it making the competition look better. Oh and lets not forget, the competition gave Tom a $5000+ dollar testing machine for his trouble. Tomshardware pulls these stunts and its a shame as I respected some of their reviewers, but I can't trust anything anymore at Tomshardware, as they have no moral fiber :(

Xenocide said:
someone pisses me off at a lan, id probabbly pistol whip them

:D

LMFAO x2

LOL . Despite the poor track record of his site I wouldn't be so fast as to label the product as a dog . At least not just because Tom and crew say it's good . But I do agree that it is definitely something I'd have to try out first . There are after all some pretty unique or weird looking input devices that once people gave them a chance turned out to be pretty good ............ some of Belkin's products come to mind for example .

Cowboy X said:
LOL . Despite the poor track record of his site I wouldn't be so fast as to label the product as a dog . At least not just because Tom and crew say it's good . But I do agree that it is definitely something I'd have to try out first . There are after all some pretty unique or weird looking input devices that once people gave them a chance turned out to be pretty good ............ some of Belkin's products come to mind for example .

Your right, The Belkin Nostromos Speedpads are great, But remember there are products that are dogs like the Ferraro Claw, many review sites said how great it was, when the fact was... It was a piece of junk :)
Hey at least you can pistol whip the competitors at LAN parties like Xenocide mentioned, if this Pistol thingy is a dog

redx.gif

Aslan said:

exactly - what i thought you could do when i saw it on toms - then i was like dam - is just a pistol mouse.- i would find turning left to right to be hard compared to as flat mouse - if you dont like using the scroll wheel.

I agree, I'm getting on the no reading tomshardware bandwagon. Although, here & there they do have reviews of things that are interesting. Not so much what tomshardware finds or what they say, but the product under review.......

Anyways..........You guys really think this thing is just a pile of cow dung?

I was just about to create a thread about this, then I found one.

I was going to order one tonight......even though fianances disagree. I'd like to hear more "gamer" reviews or first person reviews like monkey provided.

This does look gimmicy, but what if it turns out to work nicely? The only real disadvantage I can see is the gun is on a flat platform & one might move to fast & tip the thing over. Looks light & it supposedly weighs 2 lbs, but that maybe an issue to.

**EDIT** For some reason......I really want to try this thing out. :-/

seems way to gimmicky (sp?) to me. the day they come out with a reliable light or other gun that I can point at the screen and shoot, I'll be first in line. until then, this just seems like those kids who put rims on their bicycles in lieu of the real thing :-/

LOL I like playing with gimmicks. I duno why but I do....So long as I don't have to pay for them if they turn out to suck. Anyone know if these are sold in any stores?

These are sold in store(s) but is very limited to two which is Microcenter at two locations. Check out Monstergecko's web site; http://www.monstergecko.com

They put some thought into it & it has a 800 DPI optical sensor....Also is made of high quality military or somethin another plastic. Don't know if I'd rule it out just yet although it does look like gimmic.

Back