• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to you mount a heatsink....im mounting my SI-97...im RLY nervous to seat it...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ongmomo

Registered
How to you mount a heatsink....im mounting my SI-97...im RLY nervous to seat it...

plz tell me specific steps...cause i killed 1 cpu b4 this way...oh ya...wat is the best way to apply AS 5? on the die? or on the heatsink base

actually..i need more help .... ican't even remove my SKL-800 U (the one with the mounting clips) and i can't find any instructions -_-;;; plz help me

Steps of Installation for SLK-700 / SLK-800A / SLK-900A

Put heat sink on to the top of the CPU die/socket. (Note the step in the heat sink base. The step side goes over the Socket cam box. The other side goes over the lever arm.)
Clip in the heat sink clip to make the three holes fit in the lugs of the socket. (Use a flat bed screwdriver) First attach lever arm side, then the cam box side.
Specs of screw driver: SL - 3/16" X6"

Reverse install procedure...:)

-_-;;; i've tried...u know there is a "screwdriver hole" on top of the 3 mounting holes...and i've forced that hole like 1000x wit the scrwdriver...and the heatsink doesn't bulge -_-

Ok...Put the screw drivers blade in the tab that sticks out and pry the handle of the screw driver towards the top of the HS...This should release the clip.

You may want to run the rig to get it warmed up so the HS doesn't stick to the chip..
Use a slight twisting motion before removing the HS..

Back