• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus K8V Deluxe dead after USB harddrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baggaa

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has had a similar problem to mine. Yesterday I had a perfectly fine and working PC based on an Asus K8V Delux mobo, AMD 64 3200 and 1Gb of memory etc etc

Now, I purchased a 2.5" USB drive to act as a portable backup unit. Which I plugged into the USB port. The 2.5" is a mains 5v powered unit.

When I plugged the unit I noticed that light for the CD and DVD came on the without the PC even being on. Now, the PC refuses to switch on and there seems to be no sign of life at all!

Has anyone had this problem or a similar one that they can provide some guidance?

Regs

Hi, and welcome to the forums!

That looks like a pretty strange problem - have you tried things like clearing the CMOS? Also might want to contact the USB enclosure's manufacturer and let them know what happened.

Back