• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starting motherboard with no case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich_T

Hi all,

Some of you may know I have an A64 sytem on order using an AV8. I was on budget with this sytem and as I wanted to get a top video card, PSU and a raptor I decided to hold off getting a case untill the new year (hopefully when prices fall) Anyway, is it going to be OK to sit it in the motherboard box? Also how do I power on the system, would tapping the power jumper with a screwdriver work?

Thanks

Rich

I usually put it ontop of that foam crap that comes with the motherboard...simply because its a perfect size already and it shouldn't conduct electricity. I put it on top of a bag after that.

Shorting the pins with a screw driver will work.

I just hope you have a less hectic place then I do...my cat would destroy my computer if I left it outside of a case for more than a few minutes. :D

Yep, short across the power switch pins with a screwdriver to "use the power switch". Sitting it on the antistatic foam in the box should be OK, although I would be careful of the heat that it puts out - dont want it melting the foam!

Yeah ill watch out for that. So just a quck tap with a metal object should do it then.

Thanks

Rich

Back