• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SFF cases/systems...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gvblake22

Just wondering what people's experiences are with these things? I've been curiously lookin' at them lately and think they look pretty cool.

Spill your guts and tell why these things "Fly" or "Die" :santa:

They are great if you go to lots of lans because they are portible, you can hide them from significant others so they don't know how much you actually spend on computer hardware, when the significant other finds it, they might think it is "cute", but on the downside, cant hold as much hardware and cooling is an issue.

sorry if i'm taking over...but where would u buy these from, can you o/c

techun said:
sorry if i'm taking over...but where would u buy these from, can you o/c

www.newegg.com
www.zipzoomfly.com (Barbone Systems)

Their all over. Cooling varies however most have thier own cooling through the PSU (heatpipes) which is better then stock and gives a decent oc,more than you would think from a little thing. I am looking into the shuttles (they seem to be the "main" type (kinda like the kleenx of tissues) but they have then in nf3 Ultra NF2 400 (getting one after x-mas) Intel platforms.....they seem great. Their just like regular PC's without the bells&whistles (most dont have SATA and they dont have insane voltages) which makes them perfect for thier size and power (dont be fooled by the 200-250 watt psu)

So do they need a special "small" psu?
As you can see, I know prettymuch NOTHING about these "cute" little things;)
I didn't think you could overclock them at all because of heat, but it seems a moderate OC is sometimtes possible?
How you like them for building your own and using it for regular use and gaming and stuff (just not OCing)?
Cooling system pretty good for non-overclocked components (even for high end components)?

gvblake22 said:
So do they need a special "small" psu?
As you can see, I know prettymuch NOTHING about these "cute" little things;)
I didn't think you could overclock them at all because of heat, but it seems a moderate OC is sometimtes possible?
How you like them for building your own and using it for regular use and gaming and stuff (just not OCing)?
Cooling system pretty good for non-overclocked components (even for high end components)?

Ive seen em w/ 939 3500+ w/ 6800U's! They come w/ thier own psu. :D

:D thats w/ thier own PSU

Last edited:
I was looking at the s939 shuttle and yeah, it comes with that heatpipe cooler and stuff but I was wondering if that SilenX 240W psu is enough to power a DVD burner, HDD, a winchester, a Gig of RAM, and like a 9800pro or something?

I have the SB61G2R running 1 gig of ram , NEC dvd burner,9700 pro, Canon Lide20 usb scanner (usb power only) optical mouse & 7 card reader runs fine with the 220w stock power supply I upgrade to the 250w because of the weard insect noise comming from the 220. You will be supprised what thay will do,& I am o/c the 2.8p4 to 3.2 with no problems. :)

Back