• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hard Drive Mobile Racks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neonblingbling

I am currently looking at different Hard Drive Mobile Racks. I want to throw in two hard drives in two bays, one per computer (2).

I like the CONCEPT of the mobile racks; regular speed (IDE) with mobility. BUT, I would like to know how these perform in real life situations. I would also like to know which brands are good, and which ones are bad. Thanks! :santa:

Here's one that was reviewed that worked great... however it's in SATA only flavors...
http://63.74.115.230/articles1129/

And they work fine. You just pull a hard drivee out and put a new one in and boom! The computer recognizes it and uses it just like a thumbdrive. Only difference is - they're much faster!

Its a good feeling knowing that the Vantec ones I were looking at seem like a good brand...

Only thing that kind of bothers me is the 40mm fan. I'm aiming my next computer to be completly silent, and if that little thing is going to be whining away... I'm gonna go pwn its arse.

Ive been using them for years of different brands. I have had no problem with the better (known name) brands. Two things I do right off is disable the fans and jump the wires for the lock and then throw away the keys. The are cool and I can and do jack different drives when I want to get funky with the OS. Im using raptors with mine in my main rig now and no overheating. I have even used with SATA adaptors.

Back