• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setup comments please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeerCan

I am getting into wc and I have a few questions and I am seeking comments on my proposed setup. I am using a A64 3500+ on an epox board with a bfg 6800gt
Proposed setup

cpu = g4 or alphacool nexxxos
gpu = silverprop fusionhl
rad = 77 bville core (purchased already)
pump = mcp600 or iwaki md20 rzt
some kind of res.
tubing = I am confused weather to get 3/8 or 1/2 comments please

Please comment on any of this. I would like to start purchasing soon ( I realize the cpu blocks are hard to come by somtimes).

I plan on putting all of this in an external case that I will build.

Thanks

looks good. I would get a T-Line instead of a rez, its much cheaper (about $1) and its one less thing in your setup. Only bad part about it is bleeding, but as long as you put it at the top of your loop, or raise it temporairly to the top, all the air will bleed out very fast and you should be fine.

For tubing, I would get 1/2" ID, as thats what the fusion HL and MCP600 require. BTW your gonna need to get that at dtekcustoms.com, as swiftech doesnt carry it anymore. Its rebranded as the Aquaextreme 50Z.

For CPU block get the G4 if you can, but unless you are already on the waiting list for the second batch I dunno if your gonna be able to get one. I dont even know if cathar is making a third batch, so cross your fingers. Ive never heard of the nexxxos, so I cant comment on that, but if you cant get the storm I would go with the swiftech mcw6002-64. Cheap, and great preformance.

Edit: Wow, I just saw the nexxxos review at procooling, and it looks real good. Go for it if you can get it, it looks really good.

Last edited:
Back