• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec super lanboy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elitebear4

are the drive cages next to the front intake removable? they seem to interfere with the airflow.

I removed mine :) not very recommended @ all, the case isnt very sturdy any more though.

The drive bay is held in with 6 rivets i think. easy to come out actually.

there are removeable trays which the hard-drive mount in. The hard-drives mount on the trays ontop of rubber grommets to minimize vibration transfered to the case, then the whole tray slides in. There are 4 trays, and its just like a rack. The rack has slots of holes for airflow to flow through, so it ends up that the 120mm fan in the front blows across the hard-drives.

Sleepy_Steve said:
anything is 'removable' with a dremel
I removed mine (cept in p-160) and regret it. It looked so SEXY (only word to describe) And I dont think it will kill airflow that much.If you take the non-used HD rax out. I would get the case becuase it looks and is a nice case (seen and used both the lanboy and the p-160 and the lanboy is a mini p-160)

capmuffin said:
I removed mine (cept in p-160) and regret it. It looked so SEXY (only word to describe) And I dont think it will kill airflow that much.If you take the non-used HD rax out. I would get the case becuase it looks and is a nice case (seen and used both the lanboy and the p-160 and the lanboy is a mini p-160)

I know what you mean, i removed mine(lanboy though), and also cut a hole in the tole of the case for a fan. I should of left this case alone, and just bought a different larger case for my watercooled rig :(

lowfat said:
I know what you mean, i removed mine(lanboy though), and also cut a hole in the tole of the case for a fan. I should of left this case alone, and just bought a different larger case for my watercooled rig :(
Ya,But know i gotta order HDD racks. :( which take up space :( i might just buy another case :( but i am also buying a newdremel so i may just re-add the blowholes and remove the grills :D

I would get this case.A nice PSU and call it a day!

I dremeled out the grill behind the front intake, the grill behind the rear exhaust and installed a blowhole on the bottom and mounted the case on casters. Airflow is nice now with 2 intake and 1 exhaust Deltas on a Nexus fan contoller, and the wife doesn't complain about the noise ;)

Back