• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock Sempron 2200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RPM_Computing

Hey all,

I just bought a Sempron 2200+ and KM400-M2 mobo combo and was wondering what the max oc I should expect? I currently have it running at 180 FSB for 1.62 Ghz. I tested with PC 2700 and PC 3200 with the same results.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Rick.

I would wager that the limiting factor with your configuration will be the motherboard. A sempron 2200+ should easily hit the 2.0 to 2.2Ghz range, as any Tbred B based chip will. However, the multiplier of your sempron is locked at 9. So, to reach even 2.0Ghz your FSB would have to be 222 which I think is unlikely to happen.

I reach this conclusion because I believe the KM400 chipset only supports up to 166 FSB which you have already exceeded, and also that IIRC it lacks AGP/PCI speed locking. So as you scale up the FSB you'll also be pushing the AGP and PCI bus further and further out of spec. Long story short, you may get a little more out of it but I suspect you're already near the ceiling.

Back