• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

program to tell me what kind of psu i have and how many watts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ArTiFaX

hey guys, i was wondering if theres a program to tell you what kind of psu you have and how many watts it is rated at, my friend is looking to buy a 9800pro which i know requires a 350watt+ psu. He could always check the psu itself, but he said his case is burried inside a shelf and he has never opened it, nor does he have the knowledge about hardware components. please help! thanx

I'm not sure how this subject has anything to do with this forum section, as there's a PSU section. But anyway, there's no such program. So he'll have to open up the case and look at the sticker that is on the PSU, it should say the power that its rated at.

Also while you are in there make sure he has an agp slot. How old is the computer?

--Josh

ok thanx a lot for the help. I know he has an agp slot, sorry about posting in this section but i never seent he power supply section :-( I will let him know that theres no such program, thanx again!

Back