• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TrackIR (for flight sims)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Pretty cool, except the part that you have to turn your head away from the monitor to get it to turn. Ok, maybe it's set up so that you don't have to turn your head all the way to get a look 90 degrees to the side, but you're still looking sideways at the monitor, in either case.

My first impression, a cool idea in theory, but probably not that great in practice. Would probably detract a lot from the game itself.

Just like what Lummoxx said, turning your head to the left or right is essentially turning your head away from the screen -- why would you want to do that? I bet it would be cool if you had one of those triple monitor set ups and you can somehow make it work with that, otherwise I can't see the point

Spec

I watched a couple of their videos on their site. If you have one of those massive wrap around screens, I'm sure it's great! :D

Yea the videos was cool. They did a good job explaining how the tracking worked. But I wonder if the sensitivity could be adjusted so that your head only needs to move a bit.

Those dog fight scenes were impressive, being able to see your enemy with a simple head pan would be great. I always find that using my hatswitch influences my flight path, as I can never just get the hatswitch to work properly in battle. The ir tracker looks like it works in an analouge way instead of digital like my MS FF stick. With the MS stick you either look or you don't. The IR tracker looks like you can move your view in varing degrees.

Back