• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a8v delux bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

voletipavan

Registered
i'm new to over clocking i have a purchased a vapochill and 939 fx cpu with fx 5700 vid card i noticed when i down clock the pc its going more stable and the temp is verry nice i havent installed my vapochill yet but i'm going to do do soon as astek returns my other one they have. rma . i was wondering what bios is best to use to over clock this board i noticed that the newer bios doset let my mobo boot up a -54 c phasechange wiht vapochill. whats up with that :bang head

"welcome To The Forums"

If your FX is a Winchester, all the current BIOS's are suspect. So try the latest i.e 1009.005. On the other hand if your Fx is a Newcastle, you should have no problems. Any BIOS i.e 1006 up, will work fine without problems.

yea about that

i wanted to know another thing about the bios the older one that came with my board seemd to take my cpu wiht vapochill to -54 degrees c and but when i upgraded the bios my mb wouldnt boot up due to the temp setting or somethign in the bios tha twont let it boot past -10 c
?? whats up with this and why would asus do such a thing ?? :mad:

Well how do I flash back to the older bios. I can't use the auto bios program that runs via windows because it doen't like to flash back to older dates. How do I flash in with a floppy.

you can edit the bios date

the asus bios manage seems to look at the dat of the bios to see if it is newr one than the one you ahve to you can open up your bios image in hexworkshop and in the last line on the right colm you will find the date just upgrde the day by 1 day and your asus bios manger shoudl see that it is a newer bios and allow you to upgrade > :attn:

Usually, the last number tells you if the BIOS is the latest in a particular series. The higher the number before the decimal, the newer the series.

For example 1009.006 is newer than 1009.005. (Higher number after the decimal i.e .006 > .005)
And 1009.005 is newer than 1008.006(Higher number before the decimal i.e 1009 > 1008)

If you follow the link below you will always get the latest BIOS, so keep track of this page:-
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=3265281&postcount=3

This is the latest BIOS (Usually the Betas are the newest ones but may not have all problems fixed):-
The latest Beta 1009.006
ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/a8v-deluxe/1009-006.zip

Latest Full Release Version:
http://usa.asus.com/support/downloa...=21&l3_id=1&m_id=1&f_name=A8V1008.zip~zaqwedc

BTW: Why do you want to edit the date?? If you are familiar with editing BIOSes can you please hack the BIOS to increase the VDimm (Memory Voltage) from 2.8 to 3.0 Volts?

Hope this helps!

S.N

Back