• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CONTEST! Best side panel design! Win a free case & PSU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DirtMerchant

I need a design to cut out for my side panel for my PROJECT SPIDERMAN mod.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=340133

I'm stumped right now. I'm looking for something that will go with the theme, be simple to moderate to cut out and offer enough area so that people will be able to view the inside components of the case easily.

Here is what you win from me (I am the sole sponsor):

Black Logisys Armor Case with 400W PSU
http://www.xoxide.com/armorcase.html
Couple of free LED fans and free shipping under $20.00.

cases%20(17)%20(Small).jpg

cases%20(16)%20(Small).jpg

cases%20(19)%20(Small).jpg

cases%20(18)%20(Small).jpg

Here are the rules:

1. Must be a Spiderman themed drawing.
2. Must be drawn or designed in a way that can be cut out with a dremel and provide a decent amount of rigidity.
3. Must be your own original design. If you use someone else's photo and modify it that is fine. No cut and paste crap please.
4. Areas that will be cut out should be solid black with a white background preferably in a .gif or .jpeg format so it is easy to stencil.
5. I would like it if you could make room in the design so that I am able to add atleast one 80mm fans on the side panel.
6. Please post your photos as a link, preferably in 1024 x 768 pixels or higher resolution.
7. Please don't spam the thread. If you have any questions just PM me.

Contest begins now and will end when I choose a photo that I feel "fits" this mod the best. Feel free to tell others who are good with drawing and/or art to pitch ideas.

The contest is also being run on two other forums. I'll post the links to them so that you can view other peoples submissions. Once I have 3 good designs I'll put them up and take a poll then tally the votes after a 3 days period. Person with the most votes wins!

http://www.xoxideforums.com/showthread.php?t=49440
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=843040

Last edited:
heres one

spidermanbboyjon10jf.jpg

for the fan youd need to cut on the window, more on the way

Last edited:
Here is my submission. I hope we are judged on design and not artistic ability :)

web6ik.jpg

The red legs are an inverted fan grill type thing where the legs are not part of the panel. They are fastened to the outside. Essentially, they turn the fan hole into a spider :D

EDIT=Its designed so the fan goes in the center there as the body of the spider. You could get a red led fan with the red legs and I think it would look awesome.

EDIT2= oops. I made a mistake. :bang head the outside lines wouldnt be there. here is an updated design

web28ie.jpg

Last edited:
ey thats pretty cool facialicious, the middle would be a nice spot for the fan

heres them together

spiderman33on.jpg

doesnt look as good imo, too crowded, the fan could go in between the heads heh

o ya, captain slug, did you send me a pm or was it to the other guy? (sorry for messing up the thread) cuz i havent gotten a pm

Bboy_Jon said:
heres number 2

spiderman2bboyjon1vi.jpg
This get's my vote!
The other one he did would have the window show what? the drive cages :rolleyes:

This would give a nice view of the graphics card and such, also a nicer design IMO!

heres a new one

venomandspiderman5sj.jpg

as you can see i REALLY wanna win this, :p

id like to try some modding, but i dont have enough money for a decent looking case.

These look pretty nice so far guys. Thanks for posting here and entering the contest. I am currently running this contest on two other forums as well. I'm really trying to find the most unique and original idea. So far boy_Jon has really shown a design that had never really crossed my mind. Great work as far as concept bro.

I will edit my first post and give links to the other forum threads where I'm running this so you guys can see what others are posting. I think it's just fair that you all know what is going on. I don't want people getting confused if I choose a winner from another forum. I want to make this as fair of a contest as possible.

Yeah, nice and all but what about the eyes huh? How are you going to get those to stay there, just float? They eyes of Spiderman kind of make him stand out and then you know because their not human! For all you know that case side could be some random dude holding a bit of string, reaching for a... sandwich? I would guess the best side would be a web with the center as an 80mm fan or the butt of the spider on the web. The only problem with that is cutting out all the damn web strings! So the question is really... how lazy are you? :rolleyes: Do you want to spend the time on something that intricate as the web or a simple blob sandwich grabbing dude. As to what we have so far.

think: Doc Oc grabber doodad- fan in the middle.

Just throwing in ideas, i would like to win but im horrid at design and dont have time anyway :)

Mav2KM said:
For all you know that case side could be some random dude holding a bit of string, reaching for a... sandwich?

LMAO. That's funny. :D

I don't mind some intricate cutting as long as it isn't something too intricate. There is a limit to what you can get away with using a Dremel and it isn't very forgiving when it comes to finer detailed cutting, especially on steel.

Back