• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy my LCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crisis757

Registered
gonna get a samsung 172x
i can either get it from Bestbuy (local store) or buy it off newegg

where should i buy it off? it is more expensive in Bestbuy; however, it is faster since i can bring lcd back quickly if there are problems? thx

any other advantages of buying of newegg beside the fact that it is cheaper?
advantages/disadvantages to buy it off Bestbuy local store?

There's no point in buying it from Bestbuy, where they're charging you $549 AR, when Newegg is $399. Really, price matters alot. And if anything is wrong with Newegg, they usually send you a new one and you send yours back.

The chances of anything going wrong with your lcd are pretty slim. Newegg has a dead-pixel policy as well; if there are 8 or more dead pixels on your screen you get a replacement for free. The only possible way that bestbuy could be better than newegg is if you have a friend who works there and can get one for you with his employee discount. But even still, its probably not going to be as cheap as newegg.com.

Back