• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyway to tell BIOS version on NEO2 ***before*** installing processor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bitpower

Registered
I need to know if there is a way to check BIOS version before installing a processor.

I got a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard that I purchased on Newegg on Monday and arrived on Thursday of this week.

Is there anyway by looking at the numbers on the box or the motherboard to tell if the motherboard has the necessary version of BIOS to run a winchester core? I want to know BIOS version on the board I got.

Last edited:
I got my Neo2 Plat and 3200 winnie from Newegg monday. It booted up with no problems. I'm assuming your MB should have the latest bois to support the CPU as well. Unfortunately I don't know too much about this board, so can't tell you where to look for the bios version without posting. Good luck!

Odd's are, its either 1.2 or 1.3 I got my board back in Oct, Along with the CPU.
When I got my board, it had BIOS 1.2 on it, and it worked fine with my 3000+ Winchester.
I updated of course, only because I like to have the latest BIOS. Currently I am using 1.41 BETA.

Back