• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob looking for help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PvtDonut

Hi all I'm a NooB and I was looking for info on Overclocking my laptop. I am not Noob to overclocking just with laptops can anyone point me in the right way. :santa:

PvtDonut said:
Hi all I'm a NooB and I was looking for info on Overclocking my laptop. I am not Noob to overclocking just with laptops can anyone point me in the right way. :santa:

Overclocking laptops is a great idea :clap:

I guess i'm just addicted. Download the proper Clockgen (www.cpuid.com) and have at it. My 3000+ (1.8GHz) does 2.0GHz stable, my memory (pc-2700) holds me back.....lol

notebookoverclocked.jpg

Last edited:
before you overclock ur lappy. get some thermal paste. MAKE MAKE MAKE sure you are 100% sure about this.
my laptop is current overheating. i havnt overclocked. if i dont prop up the back now with skateboard bushings, thing overheats within 5mins.
Thus, my point being, your insurance if any, is gone as soon as u touch that thing...unless u have a nice amount of money ur willign to spend getting the thing fixed, in which case by all means go for it.

but if u really are ognna do it. make sure u got all the stuff down to prepare
1) look @ temps as laptops have high temps@stock
2) New thermal paste
3) Plenty of airflow. Prop up etc...
4) Check ur warrenty

goodluck =)

PvtDonut said:
Thanxz guyz I'll take all this in and think about for awhile

What's there to think about :beer:

Who is the maker of your laptop? I wouldn't worry to much about heat if you're looking for only a minor overclock, it's not like you're pumping more voltage into it. I used to have mine where the Clockgen would automatically overclock it on start up, but i have since changed that to a shortcut, that automatically sets my clockgen settings when launched. I do this so when i'm web browsing i'm not running at 2.0GHz, but when i launch something more CPU hungry, i clock her up. Doesn't hurt to try, just see how much heat, if any, it adds.

The maker is Ibuypower.com it's the Battalion S-Turbo AMD-2 if anyone ever goes there

Back