• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vga pci cards + agp card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evaseeker

ok since i have a dated ati 9000...

can i plug in 1 or 2 or 3 vga pci cards(i have zillions).. at the same time together with the radoen 9000..

will it work??

and will it give any improvment.. at all??? :D

i don't think you'll get any improvement, unless you're using them for extra monitors

I dout there would be any improvement...probaly loss if you were having the other cards make a duplicate of your original desktop. I used to use a pci vga card for another monitor but i've since stopped, dont need 2 monitors anymore

there wont be any improvment as in SLI if that is what you are thinking, all this will let you do is run more then one monitor. - and will also strain your PCI bus.

You will not get any increase in fps if that is what you are thinking. If anything you will drop your fps and strain the heck out of your PCI bus, probably create some IRQ conflicts along the way and also bring your PSU to its knees as well. Using 1 extra PCI card for a second monitor or maybe even a 2nd PCI card for a 3rd monitor is cool, but thinking that it will make for better fps in games isnt going to happen. Besides, you would only be using the extra cards to produce a section of what is onscreen if you used multiple monitors, and you generally need them all to be the same brand and type of card to get good results.

Back