• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do i have to mod my PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grov

Disabled
Ive got a gig of OCZ VX arriving next week. I wann push as many volts as i an through it (up to 3.5v). Iam going to flash to another Beta BIOS for my board that supports 4.0Vdimm.

Ive heard i have to mod my PSU? so it can provide more vdimm??? is this correct? Kinda scary. :bang head

Mm PSU is a 550Watt Antec, btw.

Is it the true control? If so, just adjust it, but if not, a mod is needed for higher vdimm, or you could get a ddr booster.

he was referring to the vsense mod for psu. You basically trick the psu into thinking it isnt putting out enough voltage so that it overcompensates. You cut the 3.3 volt vsense line to your psu and solder in a resistor and a variable resistor to bridge the loose wires. Then you connect the ground leg of the pot to your case or other ground source. This dumps voltage from the vsense circut and tricks the psu iinto putting out higher volatges.

No way i hell iam doing that. Guess iam screwed then.

What the highest vdimm u can use without this?

unless u mod the 3.3 volt line or get a ddr booster u cant really expect more than 3.3 and its usually less than that due to electrical losses in the motherboard circuts.

Not really you could get a forton 530 open it up and turn some pot's a valla 3.5+ up to 4.2 I think before you set off the trip sensor. I have ran one of my forton's up to around 3.7 without any problem's and it's as simple as using a MM and a flathead.

Back