Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

What does your username mean?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 12-11-04, 09:27 PM   #41
Avg

Well I needed help and didn't have time, I was used to using Brunobra Bruno for my first name and bra from Brazil, but since most english speaking people tought of bra as a women's underware I decided to come up with something short and simple, so I look down at my case and there it is three stickes AMD eVGA and Gigabite, and from that my name come to be AVG and later I found out that there was a antivirus with the same name.

By the way Malpine, there was a thread like this before.

Old 12-11-04, 09:33 PM   #42
koss20100

well once my old sn tabish2k got deleted on hotmail (like 4 years ago) anywayz i was sitting there and my friend wanted my email addy (it was important) soo i signed up for a account and couldent think of a name .. thus i looked around and saw my koss headphones soo i jus typed it up and BAM it stuck .. the 20100 is very random other places its 2010 .. wierd...
koss20100 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-11-04, 10:17 PM   #43
buckbadly

When I was in high school, I had the bright idea of creating a comic book character named "Buckbadly"...the "Buck" part coming from my nickname and the "Badly" coming from..well...the character was just plain bad***...Anyways, I suck at drawing but did come up with some decent storylines. I have used buckbadly for everything as far as emails and game nicks. There ya have it.

Stock heat sink for now
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
Dual WD SATA Raptors 10K
1 WD SATA storage 500 Gig
EVGA 9400GT
Samsung 940BW
LITE-ON DVD+/-RW SOHW-1633S 16X Dual Layer

----------------------------------------------------
buckbadly is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-11-04, 10:33 PM   #44
Prot

Prot is the main character in one of my favorite movies, K-PAX. I identify with that character very much for numerous reasons.

Old 12-11-04, 11:12 PM   #45
attitudx
Xtreme refugee

Dont know what mine means maybe just that I have an attitud or i thought of it and it sounded cool
attitudx is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-11-04, 11:16 PM   #46
the adam

well my usual screenname was taken and so was my name so I decided to put the_adam (adam being my name)

Heatware
the adam is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 02:39 AM Thread Starter   #47
Quattro

Wow! Thanks for your posts guys. Some cool and interesting stuff here.
It'd be cool to get everyone in the forum to post.

Old 12-12-04, 02:53 AM   #48
Sucka

I got my name about 4 years ago now. Me and my buddies used to always call each other "Sucka". Many people would like to believe i got it from Mr. T, but not so. It's funny in gaming, cause when i'm on voice comms, everyone always has a good time saying my name, don't know why

Heatware
Sucka is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 03:06 AM   #49
ghettocomp
Master of teh Ghetto Mods

Location: Choosing between two evils, I might pick the one I've never tried before.

Mine was chosen simply because of the way I assemble and use my computers. I have been using an entire abandoned heater closet as a single case for multiple systems. some of which no longer have cases. Well, with the exception of my main rig, it is a modified oak desk.
It all kept reminding me of other ghetto systems I had seen and read of.. so ther it is,
Ghettocomp.

Old 12-12-04, 04:20 AM   #50
TazExtreme3

10 Year Badge

well mine derives from 3 different things, I like Taz, I like stuff that is extreme, and I am a NASCAR fan and my favorite driver used to be and still is, none other than Dale Earnhardt. My old one was too, um, fullnameish (gregreason2002, which is my name + 2002 added, and no I do not have a reason for everthing ) so I had to come up with something new

Asus G73JW: i7 740QM -- 8GB RAM -- OCZ Agility 2 80GB SSD -- 500GB HDD -- Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M
HTPC: Gigabyte H55N-USB3 -- i3 540 -- G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws -- 500GB Hitachi -- 4TB Western Digital Green -- Sapphire 5770 Vapor X -- Corsair H50 -- SilverStone SUGO SG06
My Heatware
TazExtreme3 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 11:32 AM   #51
Schalldampfer

Schalldampfer... should be Schalldämpfer with that ä, but I didn't know how to make it at the time of registering. It means "Silencer" in German. I'm more of the laconic type, so I tend to pour water on conversations. Thus my username. And since I'm also a sniper in most games, I like to think that I "silence" people without their knowing.
Schalldampfer is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 12:35 PM   #52
Gautam
Senior Benchmark Addict

10 Year Badge

It's my first name. No creativity required when you don't share it with too many others.

Old 12-12-04, 01:18 PM Thread Starter   #53
Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam
It's my first name. No creativity required when you don't share it with too many others.
That's a cool first name.
How do I pronounce it correctly?

Old 12-12-04, 03:11 PM   #54
Super Nade
† SU(3) Moderator †

"Gow-Tham". It is Lord Buddha's first name i.e Gautama Buddha. Ppl usually drop the "a" in the first name. Quite a popular name. And G, you do share it with quite a few ppl

Build in progress
ASUS Maximus Hero || i5-4670K || Crucial M500-480Gb || Antec HCP-850M || ASUS GTX 750Ti || Carbide 300R || Coolermaster Glacer 240L
Super Nade is offline Author Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 04:52 PM   #55
mr_spooky
Registered

Around the time when I went from BBS to Internet (97 I think), I LOVED X-Files.. they used to call Mulder "spooky" in the academy, and I figured if you're this spooky.. they call you mister.
mr_spooky is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 04:57 PM   #56
Guderian

I was reading Barbarossa:The Russian-German Conflict 1941-1945 by Alan Clark, and needed a username for the Ars forums.

I decided to use it here to keep some personal internet continuity...

Heinz Guderian, though a published author, is a name you don't see much on the net and is therefore suitably vacant for all things username related (got to keep the continuity alive).

That, and my preferred RA3 handle at the time, F***tardIsC***tastic, wouldn't have gone over too well.

-Matt

Gigabyte 7N400-Pro2 | +2500 @ 2.2Ghz | 1.70 vCore | Radeon 9600 stock
Lian-Li PC 60 | 512 Kingston 2-2-2-6 | Swiftech 5002 and MCW20
FEDCO 2-302 | Cardboard Shroud | 2 Delta 120's @ 7v | Eheim 1250
Guderian is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 05:11 PM   #57
Vrykyl
Tornado Guy

Vrykyl - undead creature whos name means 'devourer of souls' - uses a knife made of bone from its own body to kill, drain and feast upon the souls of its victims - who then become its undead servants.....
Vrykyl is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 05:39 PM   #58
Aslan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian

Heinz Guderian, though a published author, is a name you don't see much on the net and is therefore suitably vacant for all things username related (got to keep the continuity alive).

-Matt
You probably know this, but Guderian was also the main strategist behind Blitzkreig as well.

As for my name, it has no connection to me and I just typed it out randomly. I've been told (several times ) that it's also the name of the lion in the Chronicles of Narnia, but I never thought of this beforehand.
Aslan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-12-04, 05:51 PM   #59
Gautam
Senior Benchmark Addict

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Nade
"Gow-Tham". It is Lord Buddha's first name i.e Gautama Buddha. Ppl usually drop the "a" in the first name. Quite a popular name. And G, you do share it with quite a few ppl
True, there are four people in my school with the same name, but still, I don't have to add cryptic numbers and crap when I want to sign up on forums. It's uncommon enough for that.

Old 12-12-04, 06:10 PM   #60
DreamingWolf
Wheel Walker

Dreaming = a name often associated with shaman, esp. Native American
+
Wolf = My primary totem
=
DreamingWolf = a shaman constantly seeking knowledge and wisdom, but who adapts to fit whatever situation I find myself in. (i.e. I 'walk many different wheels')

DWolf

"Science has sometimes been said to be opposed to faith, and inconsistent with it. But all science, in fact, rests on a basis of faith, for it assumes the permanence and uniformity of natural laws - a thing which can never be demonstrated." --Tyron Edwards

Don't know where to start? Try the forums search function, or just PM me and I'll help or find who can :D.
Has someone helped above and beyond? Post a Thank You
here
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD x64 4800+, 4G Corsair 3500, 2X BFG7800 in SLI mode, 2X 24" Dell flatpanels, Audigy 2zs platinum, & enough fans to hover the space shuttle:)
DreamingWolf is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.