• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD 2500+ (Multiplier LOCKED) ? 11.0x?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mako777

Hello, yes im a noob. Im using:

Motherboard: Asus a7n8x-e deluxe
Processor: AMD Athlon 2500+ barton

Im monitoring my CPU speeds etc with "CPU-Z" utlity, and no matter what i change my Multiplier speeds to in Bios, it always stays at 11.0x and my system wont push 1.83ghz.

So, how do i unlock this multiplier ?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!

you dont, desktop bartons multi is locked, alls you can do is change the fsb or get yourself a 2500 mobile barton, those multi's arent locked

I'm not familiar with the ASUS bios, but it should be in the same place as the multiplier options, as front side bus or system bus, something along those wordings, right now it should be set at auto or 166, you'll want to go higher than 166. Take it up slowly and see how it runs.

Multi is not locked on desktop barton 2500+ unless recently changed. make sure you save changes when you exit the bios. The FSB is sometime indicated as HT or system bus. It's a number like 100, 133, 166, or 200. You should be able to increase it to at least 200 on that mobo.

<<Spider>> said:
Multi is not locked on desktop barton 2500+ unless recently changed. make sure you save changes when you exit the bios. The FSB is sometime indicated as HT or system bus. It's a number like 100, 133, 166, or 200. You should be able to increase it to at least 200 on that mobo.

ALL desktop bartons after week 39 last year are LOCKED. There were VERY few exceptions to this.

The FSB is labeled: 'CPU External Freq. (MHz)'

Unluckly for you, you wont be able to change the Multiple.
With stock cooling you should be able to reach 2.1+ Ghz.

Back