• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sata raid 0 plugs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

facialicious

Hi guys :cool: I want to mod my case a little, so I need to gut it. I am a little concerned about my raid 0 sata array. Does it matter which plug they are plugged into on my board? What would happen if I swap them? I just dont wanna fuxor all the data. Thanks :bday: O and its the rig in my sig

Yes, I believe it can. However, there is an easy way to remember which plug went into where. Get some masking tape, and put some on the hard drive itself, and then on the SATA plug (not where the contacts are though) that the drive corresponded with. Now you can distinguish which drive went where...

would you have to format if you are changing controlers? say if you had a raid 0 config and the controler was on the mobo and the mobo went down?

Raistlin said:
would you have to format if you are changing controlers? say if you had a raid 0 config and the controler was on the mobo and the mobo went down?

The Majourity of the time yes. Sometimes no you don't like going from one Promise IDE controller to another Promise IDE controller it sometimes works, but if you go from a Promise to a Adaptec the chances the array will live is very slim.

facialicious said:
Hi guys :cool: I want to mod my case a little, so I need to gut it. I am a little concerned about my raid 0 sata array. Does it matter which plug they are plugged into on my board? What would happen if I swap them? I just dont wanna fuxor all the data. Thanks :bday: O and its the rig in my sig

Fuxor? LOL!!! Oh man that made my day.

i was too nervous to take any chances so some good ole sticky notes saved the day. I still wonder how it would all work out if i switched em, but im chicken.

Back