• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX55 Motherboard Recommendations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Premmer

Plan to move to FX55 in the near future. System will not be used for gamming. See no reason to use PCI-E video function. Will be OCing to the max. Your recommendations are appreciated.

The only reasons right now that I see for not going with a nforce 4 is price, since you don't need a high end video card you could just get a cheap x300 card just to get something on the screen. If you do get a nforce 4 then I'd get a gigabyte board.

nf4

Avg said:
The only reasons right now that I see for not going with a nforce 4 is price, since you don't need a high end video card you could just get a cheap x300 card just to get something on the screen. If you do get a nforce 4 then I'd get a gigabyte board.

Have you got one yet AVG?

Not yet the ones I've seen for sale were almost $300, so I'll probably be getting it sometime early next year.

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum seems to be the most favored 939 NF3 board. I find it to be slightly buggy, but it does get the job done.

next upgrade

Yeah, I plan to get an nf4 also -- my first major upgrade since nf2.

Back