• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one should i buy? xp-m 2600+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
boostdfd3s said:

Any 2600+ should be fine, but an I-stepping (like IQYHA) is preferred. You can either try your luck with eBay, or go for the more secure Newegg. It really doesn't matter.

deception``

I just got a 2600 mobile from Newegg.

I received a 0428 I stepper, running 200x12.5 right now at 1.725v stable on air.

I put it in last night and haven't had time to really push it yet but am looking forward to tweeking this wonderful lil chip.

Charlie

going with newegg...crossing my fingers that i get a I-stepped chip to make full use of the SI-97 heatsink and Tornado fan im gonna use :santa:

Last edited:
The clawhammers on the DTR seems OC a lot with good cooling, so maybe that's something u want. I mean even intel is moving their celeron line to 64bit in the first half of 2005. So maybe 64bit is something u want to consider. I think generally speaking the DTR will give u a little more performance then the mobile 2600+.

Neo_peter said:
The clawhammers on the DTR seems OC a lot with good cooling, so maybe that's something u want. I mean even intel is moving their celeron line to 64bit in the first half of 2005. So maybe 64bit is something u want to consider. I think generally speaking the DTR will give u a little more performance then the mobile 2600+.

While this is true, im working with a Socket A mobo here. So 2600+ it is ;)

I was under the impression that u were seriously considering both implying that u'd need a new mobo. But if u don't want a new mobo, then 2600+ would be a logical choice. Good Luck with that. Be sure to post ur results.

Neo_peter said:
I was under the impression that u were seriously considering both implying that u'd need a new mobo. But if u don't want a new mobo, then 2600+ would be a logical choice. Good Luck with that. Be sure to post ur results.

Will do! Im running an NF7-S v2.0, the XP-m 2600+, SI-97 with vantec tornado fan, and 2x512mb Mushkin pc3200 BH-5. Going to upgrade the bios as well, do the L12 mod and OC the hell out of it :attn: Shouldnt be a shabby setup, however i am unwilling to volt mod (....yet, hehe) so a seasoned OC'er could push this stuff farther than i can.

Also, what bios would be best for me? Especially since i want to keep all the onboard things active...

you could have paid the extra 5 or 10 bucks and gotten a "good" stepping from excaliber
if you don't like your proc. return it and buy one from excaliber.
i got my 2600+m IQYFA 0350 MPMW from them:D
don't forget to run sen's cpu burnin it seriously works wonders!!

scar said:
Bah, Excaliber is a ripoff
Boostdfd3s said:
going with newegg...crossing my fingers that i get a I-stepped chip...well, i got my proc... 0421 AQYHA stepping what has this chip been known to do?
Although newegg's price is cheaper you aren't guaranteed a certain stepping. If you are a hardcore o/c and want one of the best steppings, the 20 bucks maybe worth it in the long run to ensure that you don't get a "dud".

KKAT what kind of volts are you running on the XP-M in your sig?

OP:
All these chips are decent overclockers though. I think you should sell your xp-m in the classifieds if you aren't happy with the stepping, rather than RMAing it to newegg if you're seriously considering the return. I'm pretty sure they'll stick you with a 15% restocking fee on the chip, since there's nothing wrong with it.

Back