• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fic vb601-v pcb 1.4 with 1 ghz?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moondog_tSCc

Hello there,

I have a "little" problem and maybe someone can help me, I just got a FIC Slot 1 mainboard, the VB601-V, PCB 1.4 and the latest BIOS. It is a VIA Apollo chipset on board, but I don´t know which one, all diagnostic tools showing me Apollo/Apollo-Pro/Apollo133 or, not that good, those tools wont run if it goes for mainboard-testing, I mostly get a crash then...

So my question here, the board offers 133 MHz Bus frequency too, but with the problem that PCI and AGP get a 33% overcklocking then. But theoretical a P3 I GHz CPU could be used on the board too...

1st... Has anybody experiences in that combination and, how can I lower the PCI/AGP frequencies as I wont burn my other hardwares. Interestingly the board offers 112 MHz Bus with 33 MHz PCI, too...

2nd... The BIOS just offers those combinations above, are there BIOS patches available maybe? Atm it seems as the latest official BIOS is installed (QF4129)... A bit problematic is that there is no manual for that PCB of this board available and also the faq at the FIC page is quite outdated (so the board works very well with my Elsa Erazor X then and I know that the board was also equipped with a P3 750 MHz before) so I´m a bit lost on this...

3rd... Does anybody know how I could lower the CPU voltage as there are no jumpers or BIOS options for that and 9xx/1 GHz Pentium 3 CPU´s just need 1,7 Volt instead of 2,0... or isn´t that a real problem?

Ok, that´s it for now and I really hope to get some help here! Thanx in advance!

Eric aka moondog of .tSCc.

Back