• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz ddr booster & chaintech vnf3-250

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gotensan01

Registered
Why does OCZ's website say that only 1 other dimm will fit with the booster? I figure if you put the booster in dimm slot 1 (closest to CPU), you can fit two more memory dimms. Does the booster not fit in slot 1? The only thing I see that could restrict placement in slot 1 is the capacitor that is by the booster's hsf...but why not dremel the booster's hsf a bit?

Any input from someone that has tried this or researched it would be great.

i removed that heat sink off the chips and just use a fan to cool my mem and booster. booster didnt fit next to a dimm because of the adjustment knob so i removed it from the board and soldered on some 6" wires so it can fit and adjust it without getting my hands covered in the grease around my insulation.
New epox board coming 280x12 here i come

It depends, but most of the time you must have memory in slot 1 for the board to boot. I used 2 dimms in slots 2+3 and the booster in slot #1 for quite a while. So try it out and it may work for you as well

Steve

Back