• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So what's the word on the OCZ Gold VX series?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZenTrickz

Registered
The other thread is a mess of 300 some posts of pure speculation and guessing of what type of chip they use. That's all fine and dandy, but what's the word on performance on this bad boy?! Has the hype died out on the "BH-5" replacement? Let's see some links, screenshots, reviews, and personal experience.

This thread on another forums has a couple people showing some results
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=141653&page=8&pp=20

Anyone find anything else?

i would like to know as well since i gotta buy ram asap .. and the ddr booster works on the k8n neo 2 plat up to 3.6

Ill keep everyone posted as much as i can, but iam by no means an expert or nothing, eheheh.

Ain't got much time this week, due to shift pattern at work etc etc.

i was under the impression that the ddr booster could only provide up to 3.4v on a neo2plat??

Vrykyl said:
i was under the impression that the ddr booster could only provide up to 3.4v on a neo2plat??

That (3.4v) is also the figure that I remember from the OCZ compatibility table.

10-2-2-2 10x240 3.1Vdimm 1 run of memtest was ok.

Tryed 245 and it got a few errors. Then did 3.2vdimm and it seemed good. Just posting to ask if 1 test is enough, obviously when i reach a higher clock ill test a lot more, but like you get what i mean, as the first step? if it passes go further?

Im wondering wether or not to bother going that high now, or wait till i put the new chipset cooler on.

Been testing a bit more now. Got me Iceberq on the chipset.

Won't be able to push it properly until after me xmas holiday, when im gonna order a booster.

Seems pretty stable at 240 10-2-2-2 with only 3.1vdimm. Been gaming, bit of prime95, bit of memtest and no errors.

245 failed memtest, but thats down to lack of voltage. Im sure i cna hit 250, and my goal is 10x260. :D

What are the heat issues with this ram? Does it get has hot as BH-5 does? For those that have their ram running at 3.0v+, do you have a fan over your ram?

It is important to have a fan over the RAM when running it at high voltages. I don't think the RAM runs especially hot, but at 3+ volts any RAM should have a fan over it. It doesn't have to be a tornado. A quiet 80mm pushing 30ish CFM should do.

I just have a big 120mm fan from my xp120 that hangs so far over the memory it pushes enough air over everything :) I'm also curious about this memory because my stupid TCCD patriot xblk died.

Nope, no fan at the moment, though like Giggs said, an XP-120 overhangs a lot and provides a bit of air.

I will be getting my dad to make me a bracket so i can stick a 80mm fan over em. Im sure there fine at 3.1v at the mo.

Grov, I've got two links for you man :)

I will be getting my dad to make me a bracket so i can stick a 80mm fan over em. Im sure there fine at 3.1v at the mo.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3298191

Check this out, I just made it earlier today. Really easy, you should be able to make one for yourself as well.

Tryed 245 and it got a few errors. Then did 3.2vdimm and it seemed good. Just posting to ask if 1 test is enough, obviously when i reach a higher clock ill test a lot more, but like you get what i mean, as the first step? if it passes go further?

The most proven, and widely used method of quickly testing out an untested FSB memory overclock, is an hour or so of memtest86/memtest86+ Test #5 looped. If the memory gives errors, add more voltage, or less MHz, and then go through some more Test #5 looped. If you don't get errors, start pushing the MHz untill you do.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?p=3147772

Everything you ever wanted to know :)

Last edited:
Back