• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PSU and case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilAerosolCan

This seems to be a pretty common question, and I need some help choosing a case and a PSU. Anyone have any ideas? I was thinking this for the case:

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556056539.html

Maybe the UV blue instead of the plain clear? I have no idea what power supply. I know the good ones I just don't want to overkill (too much :)) or underkill. I would like something pretty for my see through case. What I will have in there (when I get everything together) is:

Athlon 64 FX-55
MSI Neo Platinum 2
X800 XT (PE hopefully)
WD Raptor 74Gig
Another HDD for storage (haven't picked one out yet)
2 DVD burners and a floppy drive

If I left out anything that will be a significant drain on power let me know. All I really need to know is what the minimum(sp?) amount of power I need. I've already got some that I'm keeping an eye on, just not sure about how much power.

imo, the clear cases are always closer to the overkill side of the scale... i like window cases myself because the only show off part of the thing... clear case == naked, but they do look realy cool.

my preference is for a clean looking case (lian li PC-65 black) with the window and some blue fans :D

as for PSU, i gues that any large wattage ( 480+ ) PSU should be fine... although branded is better.

Oh, and I almost forgot the most important point of all...
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :santa2:

Last edited:
Back