• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Droop mod help on p4c800 e deluxe and quest for 4ghz with 3.2 EO SL7PN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shootingblanks

Just ordered tdx, maze 4, tygon, 77 bonneville heatercore, AquaXtreme 50Z-DC12 Mag Drive Inline Pump w/ 1/2" Barbed Fittings, Danger Den bay reservoir high-density polyethylene reservoir, and a 3.2 EO SL7PN. Going to do the droop mod on my Asus P4C800 E Deluxe Rev.1 motherboard. Going to set pot to about 26K Ohm before soldering. That should stabilizes your clocks better than 28K Ohm resistance........I will be trying the 2 dot version of droop mod. Plan on using a 30W soldering iron. Flux 60/40. Will be tinning the wires first before soldering them to the board. Then I will hold the wire inplace, put some flux on the tip and touch the top of the wire. Not the dot and let the flux melts till it reaches the bottom. Should be done then. That way I hope to not ruin the dots and pcb. Which dots are the best to use and are easier to solder? Any other suggestions and advice would greatly be appreciated. Will also be putting ram sinks on mosfets. Any other advice to run this 3.2 E processor sucessfully? Plan on getting around 4 ghz.

Attachments

• p4cdroop.jpg
    p4cdroop.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 634
  • p4cdroop2.jpg
    p4cdroop2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,029
well theres no guarentee, it all depends on your processor, but that setup looks pretty good. What fans did you get for the HC? The Sanyo Denkis are great if you got those, I got two of em running on the same HC and i love it.

Plan on getting 4 12VDC SANYO DENKI BRUSHLESS 5 INCH MUFFIN FANS 120MM for my external box I built. Plan on having 2 fans pulling air into box on heatercore placed on the top of box and 2 fans on the lexan sides on my air tight box as exhaust. any suggestion on what droop mod is easier to do dipicted in the two diagrams?

I'm not really sure, but I think the first one would be. I too would like to know though

I did the droop mod as shown in the first picture on a buddy's board. It was one of the easiest vmods i have done to date.

Great I still have my stock n/b passive cooler. Should I use thermal epoxy on all the other mosfet instead of the thermal tape. Also, what thermal epoxy do you recommend, and if I use thermal epoxy, is removal hard or is it permanent? I see Arctic Silver Epoxy is available.

I use the Arctic Silver thermal epoxy. It's permenant. I had to use my dremel and trim down the n/b cooler to fit my s/b with video card installed.

Great thanks for the response. So should I use the thermal tape on the other Microcool heatsinks for the mosfets or would it be better to use the artic silver thermal epoxy?

I expoxied all of my mosfets sinks, but thermal tape would work. It's up to you. I figured I wouldn't get this far on a socket 478 :cool:

Its not 100% permenant, usually if u throw the board in the freezer for a couple hours theyll pop off :D

-CaT

Back