• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dang Nintendo DS Wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kid Payne

My nephew told me all he ever wants in life is a Nintendo DS. How can I argue with him, except that I can't find the darn thing anywhere except for ebay and some other shaddy dealers. Anybody have any advices on where I could purchase one? Before Christmas if at all possible?

As an electronics retail worker, I can easily say that it's a nation-wide shortage on DS's. At Target, we typically get 1-2 shipments a week, typically around 20 units per shipment. They only sit around for 4-5 hours before we're out again.

It's the holiday season, you can't find PS2, Xbox, or DS's anywhere :p

Just keep trying every morning at your favorite store (Target!!!). You'll eventually get lucky.

gravitywell said:
As an electronics retail worker, I can easily say that it's a nation-wide shortage on DS's. At Target, we typically get 1-2 shipments a week, typically around 20 units per shipment. They only sit around for 4-5 hours before we're out again.

It's the holiday season, you can't find PS2, Xbox, or DS's anywhere :p

Just keep trying every morning at your favorite store (Target!!!). You'll eventually get lucky.

This definitely is the best advice. At least its nowhere close to the insanity in trying to get a PSP.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2004/12/shinjuku_psp_wa.html
http://www.itworld.com/App/4201/041213sonypsp/

I dont get the out of stock on DS's. The last few times I've gone to walmart or bestbuy they have had like at least 3 in stock at each. I'm actually thinking about picking one or two up just to sell.

Mortis03 said:
I dont get the out of stock on DS's. The last few times I've gone to walmart or bestbuy they have had like at least 3 in stock at each. I'm actually thinking about picking one or two up just to sell.

If you check ebay theyre going for $200 each. If you are seeing them like that youre extremely lucky and maybe you should start turning them into 100% returns. :)

Rocko[DPC] said:
If you check ebay theyre going for $200 each. If you are seeing them like that youre extremely lucky and maybe you should start turning them into 100% returns. :)

Hmm... I wish I would have acted on this sooner, seems they are only going for like 160-170 now, still prolly worth it to buy/sell a couple.

Thanks for the heads up

See if when they get in stock at target them email you if they do that but my target just got 36 and all got sold in 2 hours.If u didnt know normaly stores get lile 6.36 is crazy

I'm going to check myself in a mental hospital soon. This is absolute crazyness. I've been going to all these sites and stores whenever I can and nothing yet.

I think my best bet is to do what gravitywell said. Just to keep checking the local best buy, target(not one of my favorite stores), and the small gaming stores. In the mean time, keep your eyes and ears open fellows :)

This one person in Amazon marketplace has it for $150, but he or she is brand new and because it's not a cheapy purchase, I think I'll stay away. But it's so darn tempting...

Well I have to say I am very lucky cuase I live in Montana so I have plenty of access to DS's so I can get you one if ya wan't. PM me for details

Yeah I am really hoping that they go up more cuase I am putting one on Ebay tonight.

Speed bump, thanks for the offer. I'll keep trying intore for a few more days, and if time runs out, then I hope your offer still stands.

By the way, the person selling DS for 150 on amazon is gone...

I've been looking for one for my neice and cant find on either (Los Angeles, CA). I got one on Nov. 22nd from Circuit City in Huntington Beach, CA. I went to Fry's, Best Buy, Gamestop and they're all sold out and then I tried CC and they had 55 left. Right place, right time!

Lemme know if anyone finds an online retailer selling them.

techun said:
i was just going to say look at circuit city, they had some monday here

Just came back from CC, BEst buy and Toys r Us...again, and nothing. Tomorrow is my day off. I guess I know what I'm doing.

Back