• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most stable board for Athlon XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EagleClaw

Friend of mine is looking for a very stable AMD motherboard for his Athlon XP 2700+. He has 2x512 OCZ 3200

usb2 and lan onboard would be good also.

He does not overclock he just wants it to be stable and perform well.

<$80 would be a bonus

If your not doing anything extreme or overclocking, any board should be stable enough. If your looking for extra performance, I'd make sure to get a board with all the features he wants, and an nForce2 chipset.

Just search on Newegg for a good brand name, ie- Abit/Asus and whatever is cheap.

My favorite board was a gigabyte, it didn't oc as well as the NF7-s but I did have nice features, like a backup utility at before boot.

I am running an Abit NF7-s v2 And am very happy with it's capablities. See sig for OC. I want to play with the system a bit more but this is my maine unit. I am tossing the idea around about putting together another system just for playing with. The onboard lan and sound is a real handy feature. Eliminated 2 cards.

Back