nVidia GPUs
Forum Jump

Old cpu new videocard?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 12-15-04, 02:36 AM Thread Starter   #1
Earp
Registered

Old cpu new videocard?

Got an Abit KT7-Raid = T-bird1000/ Gainward Ti4200 and only sdram memoy is there any point at all to spend more mony on a new videocard or do I have to run for just a brand new system.....
Earp is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-04, 03:10 AM   #2
Special7

Go for a new system.

My Gaming Rig: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.8GHz Coolermaster Hyper 212+ Dual Fans (push/pull) || 2.6GHz CPU-NB || ASUS M5A97 || Samsung 8GB DDR3-1600 8-8-8-22 1t || eVGA nVidia GTX 285 1GB || ASUS VE247H 23.6" || Western Digital Black 1TB 64MB Cache || Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Special7 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-04, 08:34 AM   #3
DarkPurity

Most of the new videocards have a faster processor than your CPU if you're using a 1ghz....it doesn't get much more imbalanced than that.

You can get the same video card, processor, MoBo, and memory thats in my sig for about $700. Just port your hard drives over and be done with it.

8GB DDR
320 GB HDD@7200 RPM/160GB in bay 2
Intel Wireless
(I highly recommend these cases. Easy to maintain and upgrade as a desktop)
DarkPurity is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-04, 09:47 AM   #4
CandymanCan
Disabled

Yea start with getting a new cpu/mem/mobo. Keep youre ti4200, then when you have morem oney buy a new video card. Getting a new video card with what you will more then bottleneck the thing, like said above they have video cards where the memory is faster then the cpu in ur system.
CandymanCan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-04, 10:18 AM Thread Starter   #5
Earp
Registered

Thank u all - I think I got the message. No more savings around here I'll upgrade as son as possible. Let's see what Santa Claus are up to.......

By the way I fotgott to tell I've just order a brand new Joystick from Saitec X-52 at lest that's something to own...or?

http://www.gamingheadlines.co.uk/view.asp?id=689

Last edited by Earp; 12-15-04 at 10:26 AM.
Earp is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-04, 10:31 AM   #6
CandymanCan
Disabled

I personlly dont like joysticks but that looks sweet
CandymanCan is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 12-15-04, 10:34 AM   #7
deception``

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earp
Thank u all - I think I got the message. No more savings around here I'll upgrade as son as possible. Let's see what Santa Claus are up to.......

By the way I fotgott to tell I've just order a brand new Joystick from Saitec X-52 at lest that's something to own...or?

http://www.gamingheadlines.co.uk/view.asp?id=689
You should upgrade, but not at the present moment. If your looking toward AMD/Athlon 64, know that there alternatives on the horizon that will better suit someone such as yourself. In other words, if you don't upgrade often, it is imperative that you purchase the most upgradable system possible. If Intel is your fancy then you can upgrade now, unless you're looking into EMT64 (Intel's version of x86-64). Otherwise, just sit tight and save up the bulk of your funds for just a couple more months. Given the fact that you'd had your current system for so long, I don't think you'll mind too much.

deception``
deception`` is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Video Cards > nVidia GPUs
nVidia GPUs