• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

about socket 775 range of boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madmo

Registered
hi all was just checking out the MSI socket 775 motherboards and they all seem to have the following

One PCI Express x16 slot (supports PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant).
• Two PCI Express x1 slots (supports PCI Express Bus specification v1.0a compliant).
• Three 32-bit v2.3 Master PCI bus slots (support 3.3v/5v PCI bus interface).

they have no AGP slot like the AMd and older p4 boards have, so whats the catch can't i use my AGP 8X graphics cards?.....

thanks.

but those are older chipsets, if your going 775, go pci-express.

the 865/875 chipsets are just adapted, and don't get the benifit of DDR2 support.

if you get a pci-e board now, you will have a longer time till you need to upgrade again instead of getting a very old chipset family like the 8xx.

get either 915/925 if your going 775

Yes, Xenocide, that's the best option (future proof one).
But madmo has an AGP 8x. If he wants 775 and AGP 8x, he just have to go for one of the options I gave (despite the fact that those motherboard chipsets are older) :(

Back