• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looks promising...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DanIdentity said:
I think what everyone is waiting for is the Pentium M (or a derivative of it) for the desktop.

I, too, would love to see a Dothan appear on the average desktop. Unfortunately, such a move would consequently label the Prescott a rather big failure, as all of the marketing and R&D (such as btx) would be considered a waste. Hence, I doubt that we'll see such a processor on the market for some time. Of course, things may change, but we can say for sure that Intel will not abandon the Prescott for a while longer.

deception``

yahh, and if Intel got their head out of their *** we would have one by now too.... :bang head

deception`` said:
I, too, would love to see a Dothan appear on the average desktop. Unfortunately, such a move would consequently label the Prescott a rather big failure, as all of the marketing and R&D (such as btx) would be considered a waste. Hence, I doubt that we'll see such a processor on the market for some time. Of course, things may change, but we can say for sure that Intel will not abandon the Prescott for a while longer.

deception``

well, they practically did label it a failure when Tejas was canned, but are trying to rejuvinate it with the Smithfiled which is basically 2 prescotts slapped together until they have time to further catch up with AMD.

alvisogm3yr.gif

Back