• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project Log - B&B (Black & Blue)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flip-Mode

Well I got my new case today, its an Compucase 6A19 whitch is a MidiTower case.
Anyhow I got really angry when it didn't correspond with the case on the Compucase site but as I found in one place on the case it was a rev.2 of the case.
What has changed? Well one thing is this:
5.jpg

Its an built in duct, well I was planning on ducting from the rear 120mm fan but I guess I'll have to try it out...
It does look quite nice though with the blade shaped fins.

The second thing that ticked me off was that the top and the bottom are fixed to the chassis with those bolt thingies (don't know the word in English, anyone please correct me)
4.jpg

So in order to paint the chassis I have to drill those babies and replace them with screws and possibly kill the paint job around the bolts.

WorkPlan

Tomorrow I start cutting in and painting, hopefully it will not rain and I will keep a record of everything I do.
If I'm not lazy I'll go hunt around for some plastic net thingie to sleeve the PSU.

Anyhow this is what I'm planning:
Cutting an side window, I'm still thinking of the desired shape.
Changing the front LEDs to blue leds.
Chassis painting, blue colour.
Optical drives stealthing.

ThermalTake VR masking, should be interesting.
PSU painting, black colour.

Red is whats planned and blue is finished and green are going to be unplanned editions.

Keep tuned and please post feedback and suggestions.

Last edited:
sounds neat. i think the duct looks cool too, but it doesnt look like any air can get through there. i would keep the swirly fins but cut out all the mesh.

The word you are looking for on the case is rivets (the top is riveted to the frame). Why do you have to drill it off? cant you just tape the part not being painted?

OK a small update, the window is finished all thanks to my dremel look-alike and my dad actually.
After the first messup with the window I went and bought some #420 cuttoff disks for the dremel-lookalike and started fixing what I had messed up with the jigsaw, anyhow when I was about the finish my dad comes in to ask how is it going and sees the poor case looking all butchered up and asks if I need sme help and I said yes and then he told me to put down the dremel look-alike and took out the biggest file I have even seen. I swear the damn thing weighs more then a kilo.
Then he set down and started filing, he didn't stop for like 30 mins and I was standing there looking at him with the "What the...." look but to my surprise the file worked wonders.
Now the window isn't as perfect as I wanted it but it is good enough for the window to be mounted without molding, pictures will be posted tomorrow.

Picture of the messed up window:
7.jpg

Well another update.
Anyhow while I was at the base my dad decided to paint my chasis......
I loaned a electric spray gun from a friend and had some blue metal paint at home and when I was at the base my dad painted the chasis, the finish is not what I really wanted but it will do.
This turned out to be mod done by my dad and not by me....
Here are some pics before I migrate to the new case.
8.jpg

Here we go, the new window.
9.jpg

10.jpg

Well Its done, the new case is up and running and here are some pics.
Now this case is VERY low budget, I didn't have money to spring for some Lian-Li case or in fact anything else but luckly I found this great Compucase for a VERY low price and did some simple mods to it to make it look as I want it to.

Here are some pics of the work in progress:
Here is the case clamped down.
17.jpg

Here is a cut, I missed my line by a mile :(
16.jpg

The final cutout
15.jpg

Now now the final pictures!

Stealthed Drives, Front leds are changed to blue.
14.jpg

13.jpg

Sideview with the window mounted.
12.jpg

Nightshot
11.jpg

Yeah it handles it, lucky me.
Anyhow, I need to get to the electric shop here to get some loom or I might find some at the base but I need to find time for it.

Oh I modded my Compucase and I got to say its one Badass case. Love it!
I have the 1st version w/o the blowhole on the side.
So far so good my friend :)

Back