• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Neo2 Plat probs....Please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WA2

#1 I am unable to install mb drivers, I tried and locked up. I went to reinstall agin and it told me that I had to finish previos setup. I rebooted severl times and it is still doing the same thing

#2 if I adjust ANY voltage settings I cant boot
#3 i cant run above 220fsb with settings below
#4 can i adjust multiplier?

hp mode - man
aggressive - disabled
dynamic - disabled
speed spec - disabled
HT Freq - 1 ...have tried 5
Cool and Quiet - disabled
CPU ratio - Startup
Agp - startup
cpu vid - start up
cpu voltage - by cpu vid
mem voltage - auto
agp voltage 1.5

What is up? Do I have a lame bios or something?
UPDATE: jsut installed latest bios..will see how that does

Last edited:
WA2 said:
#1 I am unable to install mb drivers, I tried and locked up. I went to reinstall agin and it told me that I had to finish previos setup. I rebooted severl times and it is still doing the same thing

#2 if I adjust ANY voltage settings I cant boot
#3 i cant run above 220fsb with settings below
#4 can i adjust multiplier?

hp mode - man
aggressive - disabled
dynamic - disabled
speed spec - disabled
HT Freq - 1 ...have tried 5
Cool and Quiet - disabled
CPU ratio - Startup
Agp - startup
cpu vid - start up
cpu voltage - by cpu vid
mem voltage - auto
agp voltage 1.5

What is up? Do I have a lame bios or something?
UPDATE: jsut installed latest bios..will see how that does

First thing I would do (and you prob already have) is clear the cmos.

Second, which dimm slots are you using? Slots 1 and 2 have worked best for most (including me). In any case try switching slots.

Third, yes you can adjust the multi. the 3500 Winchester is unlocked from 11x and lower. It is locked above 11x.

As far as the HTT is concerned, if you run 220mhz (or higher) 5x HTT will probably give you problems. Try 4x or 3x. Im set at 260mhz with 3x HTT and this works just peachy in my rig. I could possibly get stable at 4x but I dont think I would see a perf inc.

Did you just get the board? If so it almost for sure came with bios 1.2 and a good chance it came with 1.3. Either bios (1.2 or 1.3) would not (should not)give you any problems loading drivers.

Lastly what ram are you running? Is it compatable with the neo2? If its the OCZ in your sig it shoud be fine!

Using dimm 1 & 2

Cmos has been reset...several times. ;)

HT makes no diff at 1 or 5, I still lock.

I just flashed bios to the latest, I believe it is 1.4. No difference in oc.

I am using the mem in my sig.

I am ver confused with the voltage deal, I wonder if I got a crap board. I can leave it on all stock settings and adjust the voltage and I still lock.

Last edited:
I see in your sig you have a prommy. You DO realize that you gotta have atleast v1.4 to use sub-amp temps:D otherwise it ****es with the board's CMOS causing it to lock up

I am not using the promie right now. IT is back at XTW being fixt. I am using some thermal take copper air cooling.

What do you mean on the 1.4v?

WA2 said:
I am not using the promie right now. IT is back at XTW being fixt. I am using some thermal take copper air cooling.

What do you mean on the 1.4v?
I meant version 1.4 BIOS. Also you have booted single-channel right? Most of the boards dont support anything BUT single channel <ie winchesters> unless you flash to version 1.3 or greater

WA2 said:
Using dimm 1 & 2

Cmos has been reset...several times. ;)

HT makes no diff at 1 or 5, I still lock.

I just flashed bios to the latest, I believe it is 1.4. No difference in oc.

I am using the mem in my sig.

I am ver confused with the voltage deal, I wonder if I got a crap board. I can leave it on all stock settings and adjust the voltage and I still lock.

Wow that IS strange :confused:

How about your memory:
Does the memory pass Memtest?
Try dimm slots 3 & 4.
Try one mem stick at a time

I am on bios 1.4

I have not messed wit my mem, but it was just fine when I took itout of my DFI, and it always ran 250+ no problem. I will try the other dimms...but I am still kinda screwed without being able to adjust the voltages.

Going to rma the board...well return it and buy a new. I dont want to rma and have it "repaired", I want new. Guess we will take up this conversation again in a week or so.

Thanks for the input guys.

Back