• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual layer DVD disks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aha.
You have just stumbled upon the greatest conundrum of this Christmas season.
While the price of dual layer burners continues to drop and the speed of the devices continues to rise...the media to use in them is nowhere to be found.
None of the bigbox stores carry them and a casual Google search uncovered some 8x dual layer disks for the princely sum of $10 apiece...not exactly what I would call a good deal.

Patience, grasshopper.

Yep seems like the media is never close to the speed of these burners. 8x speed DVD (single layer) discs are starting to just become widely availiable now.

clocker2 said:
Aha.
You have just stumbled upon the greatest conundrum of this Christmas season.
While the price of dual layer burners continues to drop and the speed of the devices continues to rise...the media to use in them is nowhere to be found.
None of the bigbox stores carry them and a casual Google search uncovered some 8x dual layer disks for the princely sum of $10 apiece...not exactly what I would call a good deal.

Patience, grasshopper.

Thats about what I thought. Oh well, Im lookin to add a NEC 3500 16x dual layer but I havent seen the disks. Ill probably get the drive anyway. 16x is max for DVD-R (i think). Thanks

Back