• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHY? 865PE-NEO2 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mr.spock, Because you have a Prescott

MSI chose to lock the Vcore to keep people from Frying their chip . you can read about it
Here

You have to be carefull when raising the Vcore with a Prescott as it employs DYNAMIC VID which will raise and lower the vcore according to the demand on the processor. You can read more about Dynamic VID
here

This is the reason why MSI and other manufacturers chose to lock it down. they were afraid if someone was to set the Vcore at the high end limit of what the chip could handle Dynamic VID might push it over the edge

There is a work around using core center , see my post in this forum about how to do it but you will have to be ready for the massive heat increase that this will cause :mad:

Because I have been able to run my chip at 3.61 stable using the stock vcore I choose not to raise the vcore as all it did for me was raise my temps. Most people in these forums who can adjust their Vcore use 1.5 as the limit

You will be surprise at how much you will be able to overclock using the stock Vcore

MSI did release a new Bios version for the "Revison 2" boards that will alllow you to adust the Vcore

What Board do you have ? What Revison is it?

Good Luck
Dave

yes, on top of that if you really want to get the post out of that pressie, your 12v rail better supply 22+ amps! (This is what stopped me from getting a pressie that could do 3.9ghz :( )

I bought it about a year ago!!!

I think I saw 'revision 2.0' in CPU-Z, but not sure.

U could be right, I needn't change the vCore 4 better o/c results but I was just wondering "WHY?"!

THX 4 the help m8s!!! :clap:

Back