• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need info about buying a DS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I would like own a DS, preferably in the next 2 weeks before the LONG car trip. My family is hounding me to backorder it from gamespot, my mother says "Ohh they will send it out in a day or two", but I dont think she is right. Where would I look to get one of these, preferably online? If I cant get one, I am willing to get a PSP but are they out yet?

PSP's aren't due out in the US til sometime early next year. Unless you know how to speak Japanese i'd consider that out of the question.

I'm sure more DS's will spout up check around area stores or even smaller communites around where you live to see if they got them. I know I could get my hands on one if I wanted by me.

Yuriman said:
I would like own a DS, preferably in the next 2 weeks before the LONG car trip. My family is hounding me to backorder it from gamespot, my mother says "Ohh they will send it out in a day or two", but I dont think she is right. Where would I look to get one of these, preferably online? If I cant get one, I am willing to get a PSP but are they out yet?

Since your location is the OC Forums its going to be hard to get a cyber DS, but (real, physical) people have been saying you can find them at places like Targets, K-Marts, Walmarts and department stores like that. Are you near any of those and have you tried them yet?

I'd like to know how your search turns out. Hopefully there isn't a shortage and the Ebay *****s don't make money off these things.

Its the new nintendo handheld, it has 2 screens, microphone, wifi, touchscreen stuff and graphics somewhere between n64 and dreamcast.

The ebay prices are dropping since stores are starting to get them back in stock. Ordered one for my neice yesterday from Amazon. It was the DS, mario 64 and a leather case for $199 but I just checked and they're out of stock now.
Keep checking around cause they're starting to show up again.

99% of stores are out of stock of them. Your best bet would be ebay, as pretty much all stores arent getting any more available to the public until a bit after xmas. Dont back order also, as none of the websites are getting any of them any sooner then the stores, so you wont get one for a long time.

Most of the store's final loads have already been shipped in and sold. I have went to cc one time and they had like 6 ds on the shelf, i walk around for about 30-45 min checkin out stuff and I come back and they were all gone. That is how fast they sell these things.

Try ebay is my advice.

Last edited:
well if you're considering a PSP... and this trip is that "LONG", then don't count on it lasting the entire trip.

;)

psp-nds-chat.jpg

lol :p

Psp is plagued with problems right now so I wouldn't even consider importing one of those. The PSP has this really cool problem where you slightly twist it, I mean slightly, and the cd thingy shoots out. That sure is cool right there. The buttons fall off, the screen has bubbles, the screen has dead pixels.

Back